2. Slipstream
3. Lucky Number Sleven
4. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
5. 21 Grams
6. La Vie En Rose

I'll remember more as we go.

agphoenix

Everything goes.
Damn. Knew we should've gone and watched The Mist. Oh well.

Just remembered; the trailer for 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' was horrible.

But it was brilliant, so that goes on the list.

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
you're all gonna hate me, but I was tentative about both TDK and Iron Man. but I loved them both!

also, boondock saints, because a friend of mine kept playing it up and trying to force me to watch it. but when I eventually did (with him watching over my shoulder, of course) it really was brilliant!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I would have to say Second Hand Lions, I thought it was a chick flick and that I wouldn't enjoy being dragged to see it, but it was a good movie.

Reign of fire, wasn't too sure about it but after seeing it I was blown away.

Add Get Shorty and Smoking Aces to the list.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Hotel Rwanda

I haven't heard of it until I saw it on the DVD rental store. I just picked it up because the one I wanted to rent was not available and the other option was watching cheesy teen sex comedies. I'm glad to have rented it. It's disturbing but also eye opening movie.

agphoenix

Everything goes.
Can't quite put my finger on it. Which one was it? [too lazy to check YouTube]
Brilliant movie isn't it?
Sad as a couple of dead dogs, but yeah...very eye-opening. Also the first movie I liked Don Cheadle in..

*edit* Obsessiforge...I wasn't expecting much out of Ironman either; just a few good one-liners. And to tell you the truth, if you take the one-liners out, it wasn't quite brilliant. IMO before people start violating me!

Last edited:
The Elephant Man. I couldn't think of many things I'd want to see less than the tales of a horribly disfigured human struggling for acceptance and normality but it seemed to strike the chord of the elephant man inside me and I found it rather touching and poignant.

I do a marvelous impression of him too but that's for another time.

agphoenix

Everything goes.
Thanks man. I'm using the new Google browser Chrome, and I'm having problems playing videos. That's why I was lazy to go different ways....
But thanks a LOT. Appreciate it.

Wait...
Orlando Bloom or Heath Ledger or that hot model from Resident Evil....I think I remember.

Another one: [I hate Collin Farrell, thought it would be HORRIBLE]
'In Bruges'

Hope this works for you...
TRAILER: YouTube - IN BRUGES Movie Trailer

And yeah Syn, The Elephant Man was choky, that's for sure.