• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Movies you should Avoid

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
So we have a Movies you should See list and currently have a club focussed around that to try to share films you feel others should watch but ofcourse there are stinkers out there.

For me Titantic falls under that. I am sure there is a sad deep meaning and I am sure that if I really involved myself into the role of Jack and Rose I might appriciate it but honestly? It just annoyed me and seeing my sister cry made it all the worse....

So what are yours? Do you have any films that if you saw someone picking it off the shelf in HMV or Blockbuster you would say "wooah there! Are you sure you want to invest time in this?!"

Dabs

Registered Member
The Gods Must Be Crazy.

And you must be too if you ever decide to buy this stupid, idiotic, dumbass movie!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I LOVE The Gods Must be Crazy!

Haha it's true, my Mum and I love both of those films 1 and 2, I think they are really funny.

As for me I would say avoid all Twilight films at any cost.

Dabs

Registered Member
I LOVE The Gods Must be Crazy!

Haha it's true, my Mum and I love both of those films 1 and 2, I think they are really funny.

As for me I would say avoid all Twilight films at any cost.
Are you serious? LMAO!
Holy shit. I am speechless. And they made a second one? :shocked: I never knew they came out with a number 2 (haha, how appropriate). The guy walks around in a dirty towel wrapped around his privates all day and night trying to be rid of a bottle. The only talking is done by a narrator. I just didn't get it :confused:

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah there is a second, we rented out the DVD combo of 1 and 2 once and watched them both.

It's funny because it's funny, that's all there is too it. The narrator is awesome and the story is sweet and ludicrous all at the same time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally believe Titanic was a fantastic movie. I wasn't big on the romance like a lot of people were, but there was tons of action. It started to become really good after the iceberg hit the Titanic(don't think I have to put that in spoilers). Just to see everyone in a panic mode, and what the staff had to do to do to calm them down was amazing. Another fascinating part was to see who really cared for others, and who cared for themselves.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I personally believe Titanic was a fantastic movie. I wasn't big on the romance like a lot of people were, but there was tons of action. It started to become really good after the iceberg hit the Titanic(don't think I have to put that in spoilers). Just to see everyone in a panic mode, and what the staff had to do to do to calm them down was amazing. Another fascinating part was to see who really cared for others, and who cared for themselves.
It may be that when I saw it I was just too young and immature to really appriciate it and that I should give it another go but I could NOT stand Titanic 2 - that was beyond awful...

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I liked Titanic as well, but three movies to avoid in my book are:
The Devine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood
Brokeback Mountain
The Notebook

Dabs

Registered Member
I liked Titanic as well, but three movies to avoid in my book are:
The Devine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood
Brokeback Mountain
The Notebook
May I ask why you did not like Brokeback Mountain?
I'm thinking more guys disliked it than gals did, because I did like that movie. It's not one I would want to sit and watch over and over again, but I do own the DVD. I was saddened by the movie in fact. I thought both actors did a great job portraying their characters. But one of my sons refuses to watch it on the sole fact it has gay characters.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
May I ask why you did not like Brokeback Mountain?
I'm thinking more guys disliked it than gals did, because I did like that movie. It's not one I would want to sit and watch over and over again, but I do own the DVD. I was saddened by the movie in fact. I thought both actors did a great job portraying their characters. But one of my sons refuses to watch it on the sole fact it has gay characters.
I do find a lot of people with that attitude. Its odd a lot of people I know refused to even acknowledge Heath Ledger for Brokeback Mountain, suddenly he is in The Dark Knight, dies tragically and suddenly he is the greatest thing to happen in the history of Cinema, attitudes like that really annoy me...