• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Movies you saw in 2013?

dDave

V.I.P.
With the year coming to a close I thought it would be fun to discuss the various movies that all of us went to see this year. There were many fantastic movies and there's no way any of us were able to see all of them.

Here's what I went to see in the theater this year, this is actually more than what I normally go to see in a year.

Star Trek: Into Darkness
Man of Steel
Iron Man 3
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Despicable Me 2
Oz The Great and Powerful

I really wanted to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Monster's University, I never got around to it though. World War Z also would have been a lot of fun. I'll have to watch all of those when they release on Blu Ray though. 2013 was simply a fantastic year for films.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I can't remember all of the films I have seen this year but the ones that stand out for me are:

The Dark Knight trilogy
The Worlds End
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Office Space
Silver Linings Playbook
Scream 4
American Pie 4
50/50
The Lookout

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I can't remember all of the films I have seen this year but the ones that stand out for me are:

The Dark Knight trilogy
The Worlds End
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Office Space
Silver Linings Playbook
Scream 4
American Pie 4
50/50
The Lookout
Yeah, except I'm talking about movies that came out this year ;)

Some of those did come out this year but I can honestly say that I haven't seen most of the movies on your list. I've seen The Dark Knight Trilogy (obviously) and Office Space.

I think my favorite film from my list is The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Even though I immensely enjoyed Iron Man 3, Star Trek: Into Darkness, AND Man of Steel. I just have a thing for Peter Jackson's slow storytelling style, it really makes Tolkien films come to life for me.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Ahh fair do's Dave, to be honest I don't often go and see many of the big movies that come out but now that I think about it I have seen newer films:

The Counselor
Now You See Me
You're Next
Alpha Papa

dDave

V.I.P.
Ahh fair do's Dave, to be honest I don't often go and see many of the big movies that come out but now that I think about it I have seen newer films:

The Counselor
Now You See Me
You're Next
Alpha Papa
Now that's more like it. :) I've actually never heard of Alpha Papa or You're Next though.

I actually saw Now You See Me, I didn't go to the theater to watch it though. I watched it with friends in the comfort of my own home. We really enjoy being able to talk during a comedy, so generally I'll go to see the more serious movies in the theater. It's ok to laugh in a theater though.

I think that Jesse Eisenberg and Woody Harrelson are an amazing team. They make fantastically entertaining movies. Zombieland was the first movie where I saw them.

Elanor

Registered Member
This year I only saw The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug in the cinema. There were a few that I wanted to see, but never got around to going. Next year I want to make more of an effort to go to the cinema, as there are some films that really need to be experienced in that environement.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Now that's more like it. :) I've actually never heard of Alpha Papa or You're Next though.
To be honest both films I think were released in a very limited fashion, You're Next was completed in 2011 but it only made it to the screen in 2013. I think that tells you all you need to know. By all means look it up but it was disappointment for me. As for Alpha Papa it was british film for a british audience who had enjoyed watching "I'm Alan Partridge", it is good though and if you can track is down I would recommend it.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I saw quite a lot in the cinema this year. My boyfriend and I try and go once a week, unless there is nothing worth seeing.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Oz the Great and Powerful
Olympus Has Fallen
Trance
Oblivion
Star Trek Into Darkness
Now You See Me
Man of Steel
Monsters University
The Wolverine
Kick-Ass 2
The World's End
Gravity
Carrie
Bad Grandpa
Thor: The Dark World
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Filth
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I saw quite a lot in the cinema this year. My boyfriend and I try and go once a week, unless there is nothing worth seeing.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Oz the Great and Powerful
Olympus Has Fallen
Trance
Oblivion
Star Trek Into Darkness
Now You See Me
Man of Steel
Monsters University
The Wolverine
Kick-Ass 2
The World's End
Gravity
Carrie
Bad Grandpa
Thor: The Dark World
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Filth
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
I also saw flith, I can't remember if I downloaded it or watched it on Netflix. What did you think of it? I really don't understand why there was so much controversy surrounding it. I just thought it was a dull movie.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I thought it was great, but that might be down to the fact I've loved James McAvoy ever since I first saw him in 'Inside I'm Dancing', which you should check out! I think you'll like it.