• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Thread

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
yes, plus portman is a cutey. too bad i don't know anything about the comic book.

i'm also looking forward to that Lion, Witch, Wardrobe movie. i remember reading it in elementary school and liking it cause of the mythical creatures. the effects in the previews make the movie look stunning and i hope it's not a disappointer.
..But portman is a BALDY in this movie:stare:

That is another movie I want to see, Narnia. I also need to watch the new installement of Harry Potter. I remember seeing a theatrical play of Narnia when I was in school. It was alright.

yooperchick

Registered Member
We rented War of the Worlds, and I couldn't even watch it. I have a hard time watching movies that have been overexposed (have that washed-out look). That style just bugs me.

A movie that I've seen recently that I liked was Polar Express. My son liked it too. It is spooky how realistic the people were in this movie.

ltk9492

Registered Member
i liked the new batman, and i saw harry potter also.

a gory but good movie was saw 2. nice!
I also saw polar express, it was very good.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Movies I've seen and liked recently:

Walking Tall
School of Rock
I, Robot
Collateral
Butterfly Effect
Cellular
Miracle

Top Favorites:

Butterfly Effect
Phone Booth
Matrix Series (especially Reloaded)
Ali
The Negotiator

Movies I saw recently but didn't like:

Lost in Translation
Open Water
The Bourne Supremacy

ltk9492

Registered Member
i agree vega, the butterfly effect was awesome. I also just saw charlie and the cocolate factory, the new one. Not as good as the old, but good.

also, open water DID Suck

I'm glad to finally see someone say they LIKED Matrix Reloaded. Everybody I know either disliked it or was indifferent to it (because they didn't understand it).

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Top 4

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
Trainspotting
Dr Strangelove or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
A Clockwork Orange

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
RossDude said:
I'm glad to finally see someone say they LIKED Matrix Reloaded. Everybody I know either disliked it or was indifferent to it (because they didn't understand it).
I liked Matrix Reloaded, but definitely not as much as the first one. I still haven't seen Revolutions yet. I got the DVD for Christmas last year and I haven't even opened it yet. I'm usually never in the mood to lay on the couch for two hours to watch a movie.

Good call, KannonMAK, Trainspotting is a great movie.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
RossDude said:
You have to be a very unique and perceptive person to appreciate The Matrix Reloaded. It also helps to be open-minded, patient, reflective, and a whole bunch of other things that 99% of the population today is not. Of course, I'm not saying people like that are any better or worse, it's just that those are some tendencies that I've noticed. This is 100% observation. Non-stereotype, non-opinion.

Yeah, I get what you're saying and I agree. It's impossible to fully understand the movie in the first viewing, or even the second or third. Even if you do take the time to try and figure it out, there will most definitely be things you've missed.
I talked to someone not too long ago that was a big fan of Reloaded. He admitted that he didn't totally understand it, but he said that he took the time to try and understand at least a lot of it. Then I brought up the religious symbolism and he just replied, "What?"