• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Not Worth Finishing

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are some popular movies that you started watching and for whatever reason decided to stop and never finished?

I almost always finish movies I start, but for some reason I never finished The Lake House.

I'm sure I'll think of others, but I saw this question trending on Reddit and thought it'd be a good one to ask here.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have a hard time doing that, my OCD kicks in and I have to finish it. That said, my wife and I walked out of “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”. As usual with Tarantino, it was incredibly bad and sucked hard.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have a hard time doing that, my OCD kicks in and I have to finish it. That said, my wife and I walked out of “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”. As usual with Tarantino, it was incredibly bad and sucked hard.
I can relate to the OCD thing. It has caused me to suffer through some pretty awful stuff in the past. Nothing bad enough to walk out of a theater though. Haha.

Have you liked any of his movies? Just curious, as a person that's liked a bunch of his stuff but has never LOVED any of it.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
@CaptainObvious, if this is an “as usual” situation for you, then what were you doing going to see it in the first place? 😂
My wife and I do movie date night every Friday night. She wanted to see it, and there wasn’t anything else good that weekend that we hadn’t already seen. So I gave in and went. We were almost at the end and she finally said “ok, I should have listened to you. This sucks. Let’s go”.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I can relate to the OCD thing. It has caused me to suffer through some pretty awful stuff in the past. Nothing bad enough to walk out of a theater though. Haha.

Have you liked any of his movies? Just curious, as a person that's liked a bunch of his stuff but has never LOVED any of it.
I liked Reservoir Dogs. That was pretty good. That’s about it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Funny, I have a friend that swears up and down that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is one of the all time best movies. I have not seen it,

I’ll say Donnie Darko wasn’t worth finishing. I realize a lot of people love it but I HATE that movie.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Funny, I have a friend that swears up and down that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is one of the all time best movies. I have not seen it,
That's wild. It's definitely not THAT good. I enjoyed it. But I doubt I'd ever watch it again.

I’ll say Donnie Darko wasn’t worth finishing. I realize a lot of people love it but I HATE that movie.
I'm pretty indifferent on that movie. But have a few friends that watch it yearly. No thanks. Haha.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Jackass - rented the DVD because I've already watched all the new releases (ok this was like 17 years ago). Watched the first few minutes and I couldn't stand it. Went out right away to return it (it's also cheaper to rent movies for short time, haha).

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If we’re adding movies we WISH we didn’t finish, or movies that simply should be avoided...

The Proposal, with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. (Sorry guys)

That plot was so bad, and I’m usually ok with weak plots if the movie is still fun.

This movie just didn’t do it for me. But I was OCD about finishing it since I wanted to see how it turned out. And here’s how it turned out.

💩