Movies and Kids

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Blueyes, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Ok, I admit it, I went and saw Sex and the City. Now why is it that this jackass of a mother would bring their 10-year-old daughter to an R rated movie with known frontal nudity of men and women? And then have the nerve to tell me that she is only ten when I turn around and yell at her for continuously kicking the back of my chair. A fricking 10-year-old should know not to kick the back of someones chair and a fricking 10-year-old shouldn't be in a fricking R rated movie!

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, whether or not an R-rated movie is appropriate for a child is one thread, how annoying children can be at a theater is another.

So which thread is it? Because I think it's kind of a dickish of you to tell some mother about raising her kids when there is no real reason for a kid not to see an R-rated movie (it's all subjective).

3. Blueyes

I never told the woman that she shouldn't have brought a 10-year-old in, I don't think its right for a 10-year-old to be in an R rated movie and will never bring one to it.

4. Merc

Just to ask, what is so wrong with frontal nudity? Is it that dangerous to a 10-year old?

5. Blueyes

Frontal nudity with actual sex ??

It was Sex in the City movie. You never seen any of those episodes uncut??

Boredie likes this.
  6. Merc

Can you read the question, please? I said, what's wrong with frontal nudity? I'm not talking about the sex part, I'm talking about the nudity.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think you could yell at her for kicking your seat, not so much for taking a kid into an R movie. I'd ask the manager for a refund or at least a discount for your next movie since you were being bothered. Nothing's more irritating than a disruptive movie experience.

8. fleinn

fleinn 101010

:lol: ...what did you say? .."What..!?". "Oh, I'm sorry - you're an idiot. (Excuse me)". "...huuuhh?".

9. green8659

green8659 Registered Member

I agree about kicking the seat you should said something. But my little girl is only 4 and she has seen R rated movies. I just don't let her watch things that will scare her. Kids learn curse words the minute they get into the school system. I see know point in hiding them from them the same with nudity. If they really want to see it they will. At least if she learns these words with me or see nudity with me I can explain what is going on and why those things are for adults to use/do only.

I'm sure many people disagree with that. However, I was raised that way and I know it works. Everyone should raise their kids the way they see fit. If that woman thinks Sex and the City is okay for her little 10 year old to watch just let it be. Either her daughter will get an explanation about what exactly happened that she was watching and learn a valuable life lesson or her mom won't say anything and the little girl may become a whore. Truth is, you didn't go home with them so you can't judge the mother in my opinion.

PS. Can't stand Sex and the City

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I think human nature tends to make people "whores," and the sight of nudity or sex has nothing to do with it. Now, if Sex and the City glorifies promiscuity, then it probably works to counter what what most parents want to impart on their children, but all children will be faced with such perspectives eventually, one way or another. Whether or not Sex and the City is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back, is somewhat difficult to assess, as it depends on the camel.

As for annoying kids in movies, I was recently prevented from enjoying Iron Man by the little bastards. :teeth: