Movies Movie Trailers

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is my idea of a perfect movie trailer. Doesn't give away too much and doesn't even show the dinosaurs much at all. JP was one of the biggest technological advances in recent movie history and I think they did a perfect job of not giving that away in the trailer. Instead it left people wanting more:

YouTube - Jurassic Park First Trailer

Thoughts? Also, what are some movie trailers you feel were very well done? Feel free to post bad ones too but if they ruin the plot please mention that as well in case people haven't seen the movies yet.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I love great movie trailers, I cannot comment on the Jurassic Park trailer because I haven't seen the movie, but here are three trailers that I deeply enjoy

YouTube - Blood Diamond - Trailer

Blood Diamond: The trailer shows that there's a very interesting story to tell in this movie, the acting is tremendous and there's tons of action.

YouTube - Batman - The Dark Knight Movie Trailer HD

Dark Knight: In this trailer they show a bit of every character, showing what you should expect from these characters. They did a good job on showing more of the Joker, because even with this trailer you can sort of tell on how good of job Heath Ledger did.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

That JP trailer was too long, in my opinion. Cut it down by 1:30 and you're good to go! :)

For me, I like a trailer such as Lethal Weapon:
    YouTube - Lethal Weapon trailer
    It gives details about the two main characters in the flick while not giving away too much, it shows difference action sequences that either start from the beginning, middle or end and leaves you waiting to see how they play out. Oh, and, it's not TOO long that it makes you fast forward. :)

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I loved this trailer for Spider-man 3, it had everything it needed to get me psyched up for it. Even if it did give quite a bit away, it turned out to be a lot better than the film itself.

YouTube - Final Spider-Man 3 Trailer

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I can't find a good YouTube video, but The Departed had one of my favorite trailers of all-time. I loved every second of it and it made me want to see the movie ten times more. I also really liked the first Scream trailer, as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to see that movie. Training Day and The Dark Knight were the same.

6. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

Two trailers come to mind. For me, the first is the Watchmen trailer which, with one of the Smashing Pumpkins' songs, was extremely epic. The film itself turned out to be pretty interesting as well.

The second, for different reasons, is Daybreakers. Another trailer with a fantastic song (Placebo's 'Running Up That Hill'), it was much better then the film itself.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I forgot all about Watchmen. I agree, that song just made the trailer for me. I ended up loving the movie as well.

Max Payne had a good trailer. Marilyn Manson's song helped it, but the film was just mediocre. I might have liked it more if it didn't rape one of my favorite video game characters/series.

8. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Exploding Willem Defoe flying through the air for the win.

9. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

As a rule, I always love the trailors of any film by M. Night Shyamalan. They are short and powerful. I cannot wait for his new movie, The Last Airbender. By far my fave trailor to date and I just know the movie won't dissapoint.

I can't post the URL as I do not have 15 posts yet, but go check it out on youtube.