Movies Movie trailers that ruin movies

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright, I'm sure we've all seen movie trailers that give away WAY too much of the plot.

What movie trailers have you seen that left you feeling like you already know how the movie will end?

Be sure to use spoiler tags if you are going to get into specific plot details.

For me I was really annoyed with the Firewall trailer (recent Harrison Ford movie).

You literally know all of the twists in the movie up to the last 30 minutes just by watching the trailer. Pretty annoying if you ask me.

I think major plot twists or surprises should be left out of trailers at all costs. The trailer should show just enough to introduce the idea of the movie, but not enough so that you already know big plot surprises before watching the movie.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally love movie trailers, but what I hate the most is when they show all the best scenes in the movie trailers that's the worst. I personally think a movie trailer can give away to much of plot, but it can show all the best parts to attract more people to see the film.

Take Vantage Point for example, the trailer was awesome, but those parts of the trailer were the only good parts of the movie in my opinion. Which is disapointing.

3. ashe

ashe Registered Member

Your so right about Vantage Point. I went to see it on the strength of the trailer, ignoring all the negative reviews I'd read, and thought it was poor.

4. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I think all trailers should be like this one. It reveals nothing.

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

movie trailers should just show stuff from the movie that doesn't give away the movie but makes you want to watch it.

6. padd

padd Registered Member

Never Back Down
    predictable trailer, predicatable movie

7. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Movie trailers are just that.. showing you all the best scenes in the movie to attract you to go and see it making the viewer unaware that there will be no more good scenes.
    I think that movie trailers should be teaser trailers, they really make you intrigued and hardly give anything away

8. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Under the Same Moon basically gave away everything I'd need to know about the film in the trailer. So, I don't feel the need to see it (besides the fact it's gotten mediocre reviews).

Bicentennial Man I'd give a different take on. It didn't give away the ending, rather it completely gave you the wrong impression about the movie. Robin Williams, comedic trailer...NO, it was an incredibly existentialist, depressing film.