Movies Movie theatre solo?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Millz, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Have any of you ever gone to the movie theatre to watch a movie by yourself? I saw a guy do that a while ago and I kind of thought it was weird. I would just wait until it came out on video if I was going alone but I guess he wanted the larger atmosphere or something.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I used to work at a movie theater so I went sometimes right after I got off to see a movie (got to see them for free). I don't really like talking to people during movies anyway so I don't see a problem with it.

I wouldn't drive all the way to the theater by myself to see one by myself though. That's different. I only did it because I was already there and there was something I wanted to see.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I have, it's really not a big deal.
    My psychology teacher required us to see the movie A beautiful Mind because we were having a group discussion about it with a few other classes. I'm not a big fan of going to the movies so I put it off until the last possible moment and ended up going the night before the discussion.
    I went to the late showing and it was only me and 2 other people in the theatre, it was actually kind of neat to almost have the place to myself.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I do it when I want to review a movie and not be encouraged by my friends to swing one way or another on the review. Going alone isn't weird, it's just odd because people assume going to the movie theater is a group event.

5. TheBurberryShop

TheBurberryShop Registered Member

I wouldn't know how to go to the movies without kids in tow, but it sounds like a luxury!

6. spike2937

spike2937 Registered Member

Hmm... I don't think i'd be able to do it

I'd just feel stupid

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Why? Doing things alone is perfectly acceptable, even preferable at times.

8. padd

padd Registered Member

I've only been to Adult showings alone hahaha

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've never actually done it, but I don't see anything wrong with going alone. I don't go to the theater very often anyway, but if there's ever a movie I really want to see and nobody wants to see it with me, I'd go alone. Like someone else said, it's not like you talk during the movie.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  10. spike2937

spike2937 Registered Member

I dunno, it'd just feel awquard.

I just wouldn't like :stare:

Like people would think I had no friends or something :lol: