• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movie Theater Snacks

CubsMascot

Registered Member
If you go to the movie theater do you go to the concession stand for snacks? What do you usually order?
If you get popcorn what do you put on it? Are the snacks expensive?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its been a while since we went to the theater. I usually get a large buttered popcorn and soda but I don't know how much it was since my husband paid for it.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Am I the only one here that goes to the supermarket and buys snacks from there? I find it heaps cheaper than food at the theatres (yes I am incredibly cheap) I usually get a 1.25 litre of sunkist, 3 packets of chips Red rock deli chips, smiths cheese and onions and buttered popcorn flavored pringles with some maltesers and twix in a sharepack. All costing 10 bucks at your local woolworths lol

Konshentz

Konshentz
I don't bring in outside snacks and drinks. Where the hell am I gonna hide all that shit? Haha. While I definitely think they overprice the shit out of theater snacks, it is what it is.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
hey i hope drive in movies count too. i think the drive in has the best memory and good food. remember on the brady bunch when peter had that fake mustache to impress this girl to look older. he was eating his popcorn and was eating the mustache at the same time. he called himself. phil packer.

at the drive in i would like buttered popcorn, milk duds, snow caps candy, ju ju bees, chocolate raisins, pizza, soda and slurpees. ok not at once. but i had to include everything i like at the drive in union city calf. they are not open anymore. .

at regular theaters i just get buttered popcorn medium butter and plenty of salt. i like snickers, m and ms both kinds plain and peanut, reeses peanut butter cups, nestle bars, milk duds, snow caps, chocolate raisin also like the drive ins. plus i love either red punch from the cinedome when i used to live in newark calf. . when i saw passion of the Christ i got a couple of snacks. i felt bad though eating snacks. i felt guilty doing this in front of this God inspiring movie. i wish i had not done that one. but i am glad God understands sometimes we make bad decisions..

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to take some snacks with me to the drive-in but I still bought their popcorn and soda. I think they depend on making money off their concession stand to stay open. May be wrong but I don't think they make much off ticket sales.

I think its a shame there's not many drive-ins around anymore. I've been told the projector bulbs are very expensive.

21 Drive-In

Hwy 21 Drive In Movie Theater in Beaufort SC

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I'm actually going to the cinema this evening. The one I'm going to has sofas instead of the standard, uncomfortable chairs!

I usually buy a huge bag of pick 'n mix, consisting of those bubblegum bottles, they are great!