Movie Poster Collectors.. Where Are You ????

comic-art

Registered Member
hey.. new to this board and was wondering if anyone here collects movie posters

here's some stuff from my own collection

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
I have a few, but I'm not really serious about it. I don't have anything from older movies like you've posted. My oldest poster is probably from one of the Chris Reeve Superman movies.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Nice collection..I don't have many posters and the ones i do have are in real bad shape.
I mainly have the newer movie posters.

I would love to have some of the older ones but the prices are way out of my collecting budget..And my wife would kill me if i went over my budget. :nod:

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I think that the only one that i have is Monsters Inc. I might have a Lord Of The Rings poster sitting around here somewhere.

I also have one for one of the Bionicle movies.

Yes it's a very good collection I know. (I know that it's not a good collection at all, I'm not much of a collector though)

comic-art

Registered Member
Dave, everyone's collection is precious.. if worth $1 or $1,000,000

but as collectors e also have to be able to grasp that what is worth a load to me - like the Houseof Dracula poster - is worth nothing to the average Joe on the street.

Collectibles are an abstract

Where does the real value lie?? In yourself.

Collecting is a spiritual quest, and ultimately it isn't the dollar worth that you should be coollecting for.. But the spiritual benefit you get frm owning whatever that item is.

Rich=========

comic-art

Registered Member
c'mon folks.. are you going to tell me that there isn't one movie poster collector among us aside from me.. cmon.. where are you...

TELL ME NOW !!!!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya comic.

Sadly there aren't many collectors of any kind on here..As far as I know I am the biggest collector on this site (besides you) there was another Super collector on here but he left..He was our Star Wars guru.

I think most people are collecting shy cause of all the people who got burned trying to flip collections and garage sale finds Back when the collecting bubble burst in 2000. (Thank ebay for that)

But that mostly effected the toys, movie prop and comic worlds, not to sure how it effects poster collecting but I can only assume that it has effected it the same way.

I collect more comics, toys and movie props than posters.

Most are in it for the money..I'm in it for the love of collecting and if I can turn a profit on something, then I will sell it off if I don't already have it in my collection.