Movies Movie Marathons

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Chaos, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

So I just happened to buy Terminator I and II (and I already own TIII) the other day, along with the Alien Quadrilogy, and I just happened to wonder - how often do you sit down and have a movie marathon?

I rarely do this, as I rarely have enough time to waste, due to work. However, my recent unemployment has given me time to myself that I'm not used to.

Another reason I don't do it all that often is that most of the time I don't want to stay in one spot a for hours upon hours watching TV (I'm the kind of person who typically has to keep moving :hah:). However, today I think I'll watch the Terminator trilogy, and then after that if I'm feeling up to it, I might hit the Aliens quad. Should be a fun time. :p

viLky likes this.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I probably have some type of marathon at least once a month. But, I'm also one of those people who can't sit still...so I usually do something else at the same time. Play a computer game, clean, whatever.

viLky likes this.
  3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I haven't had a decent movie marathon since 1995, when I had an all-day Terry Gilliam marathon in preparation for the theatrical release of Twelve Monkeys.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

When I move out, I'll definitely be having a lot of movie marathons. Like Rocky, Rambo, Jean Claude Van Damme, Arnold, Back to the Future. All those types, I am really looking forward to it as well.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Only once in my life and that was with Lord of the Rings. Arg, that movie was SO long and after the first one I was like "HURRY UP ALREADY!!". Really slow, and that'll probably be the last time I never have a marathon.

Not to mention I was cranky and tired after sitting there for the better half of the day. =P

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    AeonFlux likes this.
  6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I can't sit through movie marathons. I'm not patient enough for it #1, and #2 they probably aren't that interesting enough to keep me interested.

7. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

I only had one so far. Back in uni we had an overnight Disney-marathon. I really enjoyed it :cool:

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

During the summer time my wife and I will have all-night movie marathons. Usually it'll be the THIN MAN series, the BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy or the INDIANA JONES series

9. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Unfortunately, I think the only movie marathon I had was Saw, but that was still fun. I never really thought about it.
    I have had show marathons where my boyfriend and I watched Bones/King of the Hill (two different days) episode one after another until we were out of episodes to watch.

10. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

That's unfortunate. My apologies.

Me and my friends have done FIREFLY and then ended with SERENITY. One of the best marathons I've ever done. Technically a television show but it ends with a movie so there's some legitimacy there.