Movies Move over Danielson here comes Dre

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by storm_ina_C_cup, Jun 9, 2010.

1. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

[​IMG]

There's a new, "Karate Kid" that will be out tomorrow (Jun. 10th) starring, Jaden Smith (Wil Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's son) and Jackie Chan.

Have no idea why they're calling it, "The Karate Kid" when they're actually doing Kung Fu.:shifteyes:

Anyway, here's the trailer if anyone's interested:

YouTube - The Karate Kid - Featurette [HD]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010

2. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Looks like it is going to be a great flick.............I'm looking forward to seeing
    Dre kick some........
    Love the trailer......thanks!

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It makes me cringe. The original was a classic and should have been left alone. If this film does well it'll probably come down to the fact that it stars Will Smith's son. He was adorable in The Pursuit of Happiness but I just don't think this sort of film is the right path.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It debut at number one actually, it's made 56 million at the box office and it only cost them 40 million to make. I think this movie will reach the 150 million dollar plateau by the time it's all said and done.

411mania.com: Movies - 411 Box Office Report: The Karate Kid Debuts #1

I have yet to see the movie, but I actually want to see it. I loved the first one as well but this one looks pretty awesome. I think they did a good move by choosing Jackie Chan as the new Mr. Miagi.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I feel like it's raping the original and it also stars Jackie Chan. I'm all set.

6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

The trailer actually doesn't look too bad. Could be a nice easy watch one boring afternoon, much like the original.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I guess Jackie Chan is the biggest reason I'd skip this. I haven't liked him since the second Rush Hour and even then, I felt like he was the least entertaining out of the two leads.