• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mouth Ulcers

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Does anyone else get these?

I currently have three ulcers in my mouth and they are so annoying. Eating, drinking, speaking and just general mouth movements all make them sting so bad.
I know that some people get these all the time, and other people hardly at all.

So does anyone here get them often, or does anyone know some sort of amazing cure or way that I can sooth how much mine are stinging?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Three? Wow. Are you stressed?

Do you have that bonjella stuff there? Think it's called that. It's really good and soothes the pain. Doesn't taste that bad either lol.

I don't want to jinx this but I haven't had any in a long time. I used to get them whenever I was stressed. It was so horrible when having something like vinegar on chips.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
a warm salt water rinse will help. I've also heard that taking L-Lysine helps but there haven't been any studies to back this up, but salt water definitely helps.

They're commonly caused by a virus (Varicella-Zoster) and outbreaks can increase when your immune system is compromised. When I had mono, I had so many sores in my mouth that I couldn't eat.

Bliss you are so not respecting the jinx lately. You better touch wood right now.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Ugh, I hate those. I think they're sometimes also called cold sores? Or maybe their just similiar. I get them on the inside of my cheek a lot. And then what happens, is they get caught as I'm chewing food so my teeth take a chunk out. Makes drinking anything except water sting like a bugger. For myself, I find if I just endure the stinging while eating, eventually I get used to the pain and don't notice it as much. Then I just rinse my mouth out good before sleeping, and by morning it's healed enough to not be so bad. However, I have a high pain tolerance. I reccomend Jeanie's solution instead.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Canker sores?

It appears Zinc deficiency is a trend in those who get them but I agree, they're fucking aggravating. I had one once on that thin piece of gum in between your upper lip and gums. Yeah, that was fucking infuriating.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Three? Wow. Are you stressed?

Do you have that bonjella stuff there? Think it's called that. It's really good and soothes the pain. Doesn't taste that bad either lol.
I am a little stressed, although I'm not sure if that's the cause. I have been REALLY stressed before and not got any.

Jeanie said:
a warm salt water rinse will help. I've also heard that taking L-Lysine helps but there haven't been any studies to back this up, but salt water definitely helps.
Thanks Jeanie. I did warm salt water rinses when I had my wisdom teeth out, I hadn't even thought of using it with this. I might try that tonight.

Merc said:
Canker sores?

It appears Zinc deficiency is a trend in those who get them but I agree, they're fucking aggravating. I had one once on that thin piece of gum in between your upper lip and gums. Yeah, that was fucking infuriating.
Hmm never heard them been called canker sores before, might be some kind of US term for it.

And that one you described sounds painful! Luckily though I have no chance at all of getting one there as I had that thin piece of gum you are speaking of surgically removed years ago.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Yeah, I refer to them as canker sores. They are extremely painful so I feel for you. The salt rinses are really good and if done often I do believe they will cut down on how long the sores will last. Also, if you feel one coming on the way you can keep them from advancing is to put a layer of salt right on them for as long as your saliva will allow. High pH seems to not agree with them. I guess they don't like an high alkalinity (vs acid) level. (I did read though that salt is neither acidic or basic but it does change pH.)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't get them often, but when I do I use the old warm water-salt trick that Jeanie pointed out above and it usually does the trick. The worst is when you're eating then you bite in to it, it hurts so damn much, can be worst then biting your tongue at times.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've been trying to eat on one side of my mouth for the last few days haha, trying not to eat near the ulcers.

I did the rinse with salt water last night, it helped I think, soothed them.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Do you have that bonjella stuff there? ... Doesn't taste that bad either lol.
you're sick.

I do get ulcers from time to time but I can't imagine having 3 at once, that would really suck. Mine are always quite pain and irritating but they never really last long.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Movies & TV 7
Dr4gon Breaking News 1
TyAnne Introductions 21
K Music 0
penny4URthoughts Offbeat News 0