Mouth Sores

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Boredie, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

For a few months now I've been suffering from mouth sores/blisters/ulcers whatever you want to call them.
    Every time I get 1 or 2. One of them will be in a real annoying place which will cause excruciating pain when I'm eating. Every day they grow by 1 mm. They last to about 2-3 weeks then they disappear, and it starts all over again the following day.
    I was told it is a problem with my immune system, that I should take something for it, I tried but didn't seem to help much after the first few takes.
    Have any of you suffered from them?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Are you talking about Canker Sores? If so, yeah those things suck but they're nothing threatening.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I had them really bad when I had mono. Mono infects your immune system, so it doesn't function as well, so people typically get sores like that when they have mono.

I think I would make an appointment for a physical if I were you, Boredie. You should probably find out why you keep getting them because it's not normal. It could be that you have a deficient number of a particular type of immune cells called neutrophils.

Or the sores could be caused by a dietary deficiency but I can't think off the top of my head what it might be.

good luck

4. Boredie

Thanks for the advice, Jeanie :) I'll look into it.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Canker Sores are brought upon us by the Devil himself IMO...I really hate them with a passion.

For me I usually get one at a time but they go away within a day or so. If you have problems with them always being around and having multiple ones at a time then do what the others suggested and get it looked at.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I have something similar in my mouth, right on the inside corners of the lips. I guess that I just got used to them after a while, eventually it just callused over and while the sores are still there, they don't hurt at all.

What have you been talking for your immune system?

I found this for an answer on yahoo questions.

That article seemed to make sense to me from what I've heard about making the immune system stronger.

Kind of reminds me of eczema, while most people think that it's a skin problem it's actually a problem with the immune system, so I can see why it would make sense that getting sores in your mouth is a problem with the immune system.

7. Boredie

Neither is having migraines. But whoever suffers from them - suffers badly.
    It just seemed to me that your response was like "no big deal".

You're lucky then :)
    I know it's an immune system problem, the only thing I can do for now is take supplements to strengthen it. I've done so in the past but after a length of time it stopped helping. Apparently I needed to take this thing for 8 weeks, stop a week and start again. I wasn't told that, so no wonder it stopped working for me.

8. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I really really really hate it when I can mouth ulcers, just like everyone else. When they are quite big and in a really annoying place sometimes you just can't eat the stuff you want because it hurts or you cant brush your teeth round that area coz it hurts so much!

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

:headscratch:

No offense, but . . what? I didn't say anything about migraines. I said canker sores, which are mouth sores that result from several of the things dDave listed and they're nothing but painful. They eventually go away.

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't get them that often, but when I do, I use a vitamin supplement called Lysine. It seems to help get rid of them faster.