• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Mouse & Keyboard

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Do you have a preferred mouse or keyboard? Why? Do you like a lot of extra bells and whistles? What are you currently using?

I have a Logitech G500. Amazingly awesome mouse, only sixty bucks and worth every penny. It works like a charm and it has optional weights if I want to adjust the feel of it. I won't lie, I really hate light, flimsy mice so it's nice to have a little extra weight so I don't feel like I'm going to throw the mouse by simply scrolling.

My keyboard is a Logitech K350 Wireless. The mouse it came with is okay, but not nearly as good at the G500.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Didn't want to bump my old thread mods, seeing as it's almost a year old. Figured this would be better.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Mouse - I can't find a good picture anywhere of my specific model, but I do have a logitech 4 button mouse.

Looks like this one except the main surface is much more of a silver color.

I like the mouse a lot and have ever since I got it about 2 1/2 years ago.

My keyboard is a standard Apple keyboard. I don't worship Apple or anything, but I like island style keyboards and this is what I happened to have lying around.

I like it a lot and don't plan to change it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
See I like the Apple style keyboard, but ergonomically, it's a piece of shit. That's why I have the keyboard I do:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I spend A LOT of time on my computer since I study computer animation, and I get a lot of problems with wrist and hand pain, so I also use an ergonomic keyboard. I use this one. I like the split keyboard. It took me a couple of days to get used to it but now I love it.

Of every keyboard I've ever used, the mac keyboard is the worst ergonomically. I get the worst write pain if I type on my mac for a long time. They are just so flat and hard, I hate it.

As for my mouse it's this

Designed to fit into the hand nicely so it's comfortable for a long time.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I almost bought that one Crou. Isn't that raised up like an inch or so? It was kind of 'tall' if I'm thinking of the same one.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well, it can be. There is an extra attachment that raises it up about and inch, but I don't have it on so it's just flat on my desk, it still has a curve in it though.

dDave

V.I.P.
I had the super old version of that keyboard a long time ago. I'm talking about the really old one. :lol:

It was a faded yellow and looked like this.

It's true Merc, there is sort of a hump in the middle of the keyboard to make it more ergonomic.

The thing I hated about this keyboard was the fact that the arrow keys are set up in an odd way. Only keyboard I ever had that didn't have them in the standard setup.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I had the super old version of that keyboard a long time ago. I'm talking about the really old one. :lol:

It was a faded yellow and looked like this.

It's true Merc, there is sort of a hump in the middle of the keyboard to make it more ergonomic.

The thing I hated about this keyboard was the fact that the arrow keys are set up in an odd way. Only keyboard I ever had that didn't have them in the standard setup.
I had this very same keyboard for a very, very long time. Now I have a standard issue mechanical keyboard and a Wal-Mart purchased wireless Logitech mouse. I game with both and have absolutely no complaints about them.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
The mouse I have now I am happy with its a Logitech G9x laser mouse, comes with weights and has a nice sturdy cable. You can also change the sensitivity with one of the buttons which I find useful for some games.

As for my keyboard I currently have a Logitech G19, its ok, it has changeable back lights, a LCD screen and lots of programmable keys. The one thing I don't like about it is that they don't update the software for it, so new games don't have a application for the LCD screen.

I plan on making a move to a Razor keyboard (I think) I am still looking for what to get tho.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like your keyboard, Xelio, but the mouse doesn't seem like something I'd use. I think a huge issue with me switching to a full gaming mouse is not being able to find a mouse with a wheel that has some resistance to it. I hate not feeling the wheel "click" as I scroll and most gaming mice are smooth.