Mountain Boarding Videos

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Nightsurfer, May 31, 2007.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Lots of nice videos there! Makes me want to go try it. How much does it cost for a decent mountain board and enough gear to survive the day, let alone one run? :)

3. tater03

tater03 Registered Member

Thank you so much for the links. It was not at all what I had pictured in my mind. Is this something fairly new? I ask because I have never run across this before? They are really talented at what they were doing in those videos. Those tricks were awesome to watch.

4. Nightsurfer

Hi ya.

You can find almost any sport you can think of on youtube. There were loads more videos on there.

The sport has ben around since the 90's not sure when it started. You can even take them on mountian bikeing courses and BXM courses too..

Andrew a good used board will run you 75.00 to 150.00 bones.
    The impact armor (Chest, spine, kidneys,and clavicle)can set you back about 200.00 (Used) New 350.00.
    It just all depends on where you get your gear at. Again check out eBay.
    I get alot of my best deals there.

Also don't forget to check out your local play it again sports stores, you can find used gear there as well.

5. tater03

tater03 Registered Member

I am going to have to check out some of the videos on youtube. You guys seem to find some great ones off of their.

6. ACCER

ACCER Registered Member

Looks like fun....until you wipeout. Talk about shivers down the spine. I can just imagine the mountain rash!

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I heard about mountain boarding, it looks like fun but it's also incredibly dangerous to fall off of the board when riding down a mountain.

8. Nightsurfer

Hi ya.

As long as you are wearing the right protective gear most wipe outs you will brush right off and go again.

The trick is to buy all your gear in the off season. ;) You can score you savings of up to 75% off MSRP.

I do it all the time..Beats full price. Oh yeah! You want ass pads and good goggles if you are thinking about doing this. :D