PC Games Mount & Blade

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LifeinthePond, Aug 27, 2010.

1. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Pretty freakin' awesomesauce. Just picked the game up this weekend on sale, and I'm already hooked just a couple levels in.

Their is a stand-alone expansion called Warband that's primarily for MP. Anyone else play this?

Here, I took a couple screen shots but they don't tell you much;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Spoiler fail

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

My brother showed me this game and I played it once, not for me really, I just didn't get into the game play.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I have this. Don't play it often, but when I do, I find it fun.

I was actually a little annoyed at it in the past though, due to a mistake on my part. When it was in development, they had an awesome deal where you pay for a copy of the game as is, and depending on how far along in development it was, you'd get it at a different price. So, if you got into it when they first released it on the net, you could probably get it for a couple of quid/bucks. Which is what I did, because hey, the game was functional, and I was supporting the development.

And then I went and lost the bloody CD key, didn't I, meaning when my HDD went kaput, I had to buy it at full price. Worth it, though. When I play it.

4. LifeinthePond

Yeah - definitely not a game play style that everyone can enjoy. I'm going to start up another profile tonight and play as an archer. Once I'm use to the game mechanics I'll go on to playing MP.

Anyways, after one long night LC hit level 14. I've had some pretty close encounters of the almostdead kind, but it's all good. Here's an update:

[​IMG]

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Got it from Steam, huh? Hehe

I saw on it on sale there a few days ago and decided to YouTube a few clips before making the big purchase. As soon as I saw the first video I instantly thought of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Oblivion was a solid game, so having a similar experience wouldn't have been half bad. However, in the end, I decided against it. While the price was good, it wasn't enough to motivate me to do anything about it. I blame the intense heat. Hear that salesman? I only buy junk when it's cold, warm. No heat. =X

Anyways, if you check out Steam now they have a huge 75% off sale for Company of Heroes. Once again, it's hot as a mother here, so I won't be buying anything. The heat is destroying the economy.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. LifeinthePond

Yessir I did. Turns out, you only need to buy Warband but I bought both anyways. Warband is the exact same game, but with map tweaks and a lot more perks and stuff added. Well, there's that and the MP mode. You're more than just a hack 'n' slasher, you're a leader. Well, you work to become one.

Anyways, that's a shame. This game is great, but like all games it has its flaws -- It's still very challenging and brilliantly made. I've put 90 hours into it already. >>