Motorcycle Roadracing

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SmilinSilhouette, Jul 19, 2010.

1. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

Moto GP, World Superbike, AMA DSB & Superbike? Is anyone else here into motorcycle racing?

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Motorbike racing was always on TV in my house, so I used to see it all the time. Since i've moved out though, I haven't really followed it. My favourite Road Race to watch was always the Isle of Man TT though.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  3. SmilinSilhouette

IOM is the craziest roadrace there is! That takes enormous courage to race a motorcycle on real roads with no safe place to crash.

4. Impact

I know, I've seen some pretty crazy crashes when i've watched races on that course. It's one of my brothers dreams to race around that course. He's crazy haha. Haven't there been a heap of deaths on it too?

5. SmilinSilhouette

Yea, guys crash & die or get seriously injured almost every year. That's hardcore.

Do you know who Valentino Rossi is?

6. Impact

Of course. He won a whole heap of MotoGP championships didn't he? I remember him being like the Michael Shumacher of MotoGP

7. SmilinSilhouette

Yes! He recently had a bad crash and broke his leg, his first race back on Sunday he finished 4th only after a last corner pass by Stoner keeping him off the podium. There is talk that Rossi will go to Ducati next year.