• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Motor Mouth

Starfire86

Registered Member
Have you ever known someone that just goes on and on and on...I was telling someone about Ilus today and he said "Hey, lemme tell you a story before you tell me about that." And that was about... 30 minutes ago.
It gets on my nerves so much that I don't ever send him texts anymore, because I know in 5 seconds he's going to call me and talk my ear off.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
haha yeah as a matter of fact I do have a friend with whom it's sometimes hard to get a word in edgewise. I wouldn't necessarily call him a motormouth though. But he's a very dear friend and I don't mind letting him go on and on because every phone call from him is a treat. <3

Last edited:

Starfire86

Registered Member
Yeah, that's why I let him do it. He doesn't have very many people to talk to and he's a good friend but sometimes....ugh!

laserlight

Registered Member
I know a ton of people like that and its very annoying. I just tell them to stfu and listen cuz i have important things to say too! they think they know everything!

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Have you ever known someone that just goes on and on and on...I was telling someone about Ilus today and he said "Hey, lemme tell you a story before you tell me about that." And that was about... 30 minutes ago.
It gets on my nerves so much that I don't ever send him texts anymore, because I know in 5 seconds he's going to call me and talk my ear off.
Oh dude... I've been there. Not only do some of my friends do that. My supervisor does that at work. She'll just come over to my desk and start talking to me like I've known her forever. I just kinds sit there and look at her like "dude, I'm not your therapist, you guys don't even pay me."

Then there are people that don't know when to stop texting you and if you're like 5 minutes late in replying they get all emotional and crap :shake:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Yes! I have a friend who is the epitome of motor mouth. Though, I quite enjoy spending time with her because I can just sit back and let her talk at me. And if I want to talk all I have to do is mention some form of gossip, her ears prick, and then she quietens down to listen.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Yup. I was trapped at the cash register the other day and a guy who comes to the events starts talking to me about Portal 2. I doodled on a bit of paper, nodded and said 'that sounds cool' at the appropriate times.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Yeah I have a colleague at work who will keep on talking and talking for hours up to the moment when I won't listen to her anymore, I won't look at her in the eye ...and yet...she doesn't stop talking.
I don't mind her though. She's very funny!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't mind listening to people if they want to talk, but it's very rude of them to interrupt you when you are trying to talk. I will happily give anyone the time of day but I won't put up with rudeness.
I have a couple of friends who like to talk so I very rarely talk about me around them.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I know a lot of people who are very talkative, but they aren't rude about it. That's the key. They'll let me talk, but once they get started, they might never stop.