Mother's Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bliss, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

So it's Mother's Day here tomorrow and I just wondered what gifts you've all got for your mum's and what you'll be doing on the day.

If it's not Mother's Day for you, what do you plan on getting/doing when it is?

I have ordered a big bouquet of of flowers which will be delivered to her door tomorrow. She loves flowers and doesn't expect anything from me as I told her I'm skint.
    Me and my boyfriend will be going round there tomorrow for dinner and my grandma will also be there. Should be a nice day. :)

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

This year, Mother's Day here falls on June 7. We usually just call our mothers. My mom in law would always send me flowers. She's sweet.

3. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

I'll get my mother a box chocolates. Though the best present any mother will appreciate is a day without the kids.

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I went and got my mum some nice flowers yesterday which I've hidden nicely in my room ready for tomorrow, along with a card with a kitten on the front, she loves cats.

Also I'm paying for a meal for the whole family tomorrow as the local are doing a mothers day special.

I think it's only fair as my mum does so much for me over the year, it's nice to have a day orientated around her and a perfect oppurtunity to spoil her without her saying I don't have to.

Bliss likes this.
  5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

We're just having a few people round on Sunday :) I bought her a card, chocolates and a CD. Also my dad usually gets flowers sent to her which is nice.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I've bought my mum a card and a bouquet of flowers that have been placed in a straw baskety type thing. I think it looks good, and she realy likes flowers, so I think she will be happy with what I have got for her. :D

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It's not mothers day here yet but I usually get my mom some flowers and have it delivered to her. I think I might surprise he and drop in for a visit. It's been almost a little over a year since I last seen here. Happy Mother's day to all you moms out there!

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Its a double for me as its her Birthday tomorrow as well. I wont be getting her anything as Im not 100% sure where she is at the moment:-/.

When I do see her I will give her a present, it usually consists of flowers(or sometimes a plant for the garden) and a nice bottle of wine from my collection.

9. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

YouTube - Mother's Day

It isn't Mother's Day here, but I'll send her that and then I will buy her a bunch of random things like Shoes, make up, body wash.. She likes a lot of gifts, so I just go out and pick up things that aren't going to break my bank while still making a nice gift.

Then we typically go out for dinner.

10. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I got her a card and although I have not her a gift what I have planned should make her more than happy.
    I am going over there tomorrow and taking my four nephews and nieces out for the afternoon,therefor giving her a much needed break from constant Nan can I have,Nana he/she did this to me/Nan I want.

Wish it could be more but I am totally skint at the moment.
    Besides getting the kids away from her for a few hours is the best gift I could her,of course I will be a wreck by the time I drop them back there.