• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Motherboard with Integrated LAN card

jayadev

Registered Member
I am using an ASUS motherboard with an Intel processor. I would like to know that ealier there were seperate network cards available to get connected but I can't find any card in the board. I have though found a slot for network connection. Is now the card got integrated in the board?

Penguin

Registered Member
I am using an ASUS motherboard with an Intel processor. I would like to know that ealier there were seperate network cards available to get connected but I can't find any card in the board. I have though found a slot for network connection. Is now the card got integrated in the board?

Is there a plug for the network cable? If it is there and works when you plug it in, likely it is integrated. Many motherboards are now integrating network capability.

If the 'space' for the plug doesn't go to anything, you will likely need to install a separate card, which can be purchased at any Wal*Mart, usually.