Mother of all Mystery Auctions-Contents of house, etc.

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by CHrt46, May 8, 2005.

1. CHrt46

CHrt46 Registered Member

2. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

nice house they have too...

3. Mina

Mina Registered Member

that one kicks.. um well.. you know

4. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

I for one think it's bullsh-- when a mystery grows with the bids... It really should be just as much a gamble for the seller as the buyer. If it's a houseful... let it be a houseful. If you need to sell them individually, then you should not put it in the title that it's the whole thing and change your mind in the desription. Very misleading and unfair to bidder. I've made money on my boxes and lost money on them. Sh--, I just lost a wad of it on that silly wedding pouch! Oh well, my gamble, but you just can't go by the bids, it's not right.

5. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

I agree!!! I just read both listings. Boy did they change their tune in that second one.

6. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

You win some you lose some... eBay really is just as bad as gambling at times. Especially when dealing with high profile auctions!

7. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I've done one mystery box so far, and I lost money on it... my loss, but I had a blast with it... that's why I did it in the first place

8. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Mina i still have it wanna try it again :lol: :lol:

9. Mina

Mina Registered Member

LOL, no I want you to have some fun with it :) Not going to list for awhile.. just got sent another message from ebay saying they pulled another listing, problem is I didn't have any listings up!! I don't get it, but I think anything I put up right now will get pulled no matter what it is.

10. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Huh strange aint no telling with ebay. they did pull the one you asked about in the other post