• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mother drops boy into cheetah enclosure

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
An Ohio mother has been charged with child endangerment after she allegedly dropped her 2-year-old son into a cheetah enclosure at a Cleveland zoo during the weekend, court documents showed on Monday.
Mother charged for dropping boy in Ohio zoo cheetah enclosure

I don't understand why anyone would think its a good idea to hold their kid over a observation wall. Thankfully the zoo employees rescued him before he was mauled or eaten but he did break his leg.

When something like this happens I always wonder if it was an accident or on purpose.

Thoughts?

Stego

Registered Member
Cars have airbags, pencils have erasers, and yet a pit with 145lb / 60mph death machines don't have adequate fences. What?

I think zoos are mostly awful institutions as they currently exist, but I also think there should be a way for people to get up close and personal with animals that don't put either in the way of harm.

On the mother's intentions, I'm sure more will be revealed. My parents unwittingly put my sister and I in all kinds of immensely dumb and dangerous situations growing up--we camped a lot--but there are plenty of insane people out there finding all kinds of new and imaginative ways to intentionally off their family members on purpose. I think this was just a dumb moment though.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
My understanding is it did have an adequate fence, she just put her kid in a dangerous situation. This reminds me of Michael Jackson when he was holding his son over a balcony railing. Just not a smart thing to do.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the zoo had peoples safety in mind but it's hard to protect people from stupidity. Some people just don't think before they act.

I'm wondering if she will sue the zoo for not protecting her son from her unwise decision.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cars have airbags, pencils have erasers, and yet a pit with 145lb / 60mph death machines don't have adequate fences. What?

I think zoos are mostly awful institutions as they currently exist, but I also think there should be a way for people to get up close and personal with animals that don't put either in the way of harm.

On the mother's intentions, I'm sure more will be revealed. My parents unwittingly put my sister and I in all kinds of immensely dumb and dangerous situations growing up--we camped a lot--but there are plenty of insane people out there finding all kinds of new and imaginative ways to intentionally off their family members on purpose. I think this was just a dumb moment though.
Your parents probably didn't try to feed you to the lions though. Sure you could have gotten hurt camping but that's life.