• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most underrated wrestling moves?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So we've done a thread about wrestling moves and finishers that people absolutely can't stand.

What about the moves that you think are highly underrated? Submissions, Attacks, Finishers...which ones seem more devastating to you than they do to others? Which ones do you think that are just plain cool but don't have enough attention? Why?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
How about Rey Mysterio's headfirst slides from the ring onto his belly on the floor pad? I'd be in a hospital, in the testicle ward.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
How about Rey Mysterio's headfirst slides from the ring onto his belly on the floor pad? I'd be in a hospital, in the testicle ward.
That came to mind to me first, too! Wow.

I always think that no one appreciates Kofi's Boom Drop. I think it is a great double leg drop. Very underrated.

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
I like the old school splash. I always really enjoyed it. Of course, the wrestler on the mat puts his arms up as the guy on the rope is coming down, so the guy doing the splash walks away holding his ribs. I say toss that, go back to the way it used to be done.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Good point on the double leg drop, KSF. It's insane when donethrough a table!

While two moves of Randy Orton's aren't underrated, I think they each could be finishers of their own:

--his modified backbreaker

--the DDT off of the ropes.

Yankke

Another one of Kofi's moves; I really like the SOS, and I know it's one of his finishers, but it's much less used, and EVERYONE kicks out, so I feel it counts.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Another one of Kofi's moves; I really like the SOS, and I know it's one of his finishers, but it's much less used, and EVERYONE kicks out, so I feel it counts.
Welcome to the site, Yankke!

I definitely agree about the SOS...it's an incredible move, finisher-worthy. People do sometimes get pinned by this one, but not often enough in my book.

I think that it being used as a set-up makes people underestimate its impact.