Movies Most Underated Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by R.Lewis_52, Aug 12, 2006.

1. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

What do you think is the most underated movie ever. The movie that nobody like or only a few people and you liked.

2. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

The most underrated movie? I'll have to ponder that one for a while.

But I do know one movie that is underrated, the "Saw" series. I think that it was a little better than some people say it is. Though, I'll have to see how the thrid one plays out, if it doesn't kill the series.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Saw isn't underrated at all. I'm probably one of the very few people you know that didn't think it was that great.

4. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

I didn't think it was great, either. Predictable and overly gory just for shock factor.

Definetly Kubrick movies are underrated in the way that they're underground to an extent.

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

They're not underground, they're just old. He made some of his most famous movies in the 50s and 60s.

"Full Metal Jacket" came out in 1987 and "The Shining" in 1980. I see the shining sometimes on television but it's not even the original. It's some poor remake somebody did that's being shown.

I don't really see any of Kubrick's movies on television anymore, safe for a few times I've seen the original Shining.

6. Circle_One

Circle_One Guest

For the record, that Shining remake you see on TV is Stephen King's adaptation of his novel.

He didn't like the way Kubrick's turned out so he made his own.

Most underrated movie?

I can think of a few.

Spider Baby
    Suspiria (or any Argento flick)
    ALL ORIGINAL HORRORS. I'm SO flipping tired of horror remakes. Most kids that go see these remakes don't even realize that the movie they're watching is a remake. Drives me up the wall.
    Black Christmas
    Trick or Treat
    Strangeland...

I can go on and on.

7. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

The Seven Samurai is critically underrated, as is Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India.

8. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Kubrick's was still better though, partially because of Nicholson.

Yeah, but most of the remakes are poor-quality anyways. Sometimes even the originals just don't cut it.

I got couple more , "40-Year-Old-Virgin". A lot of people found this movie "retarded" and "stupid" partially because they were too lazy to come up with a reasonable explanation.

I thought this movie was funny as hell, especially with Steve Carell. Plus the storyline was entertaining and original.

Another film that I think is bound to wind up on this list is the infamous "Snakes on a mutha fuckin Plane".

Read either my or Merc's review about it. You'll see why.

9. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Snakes got too much hype and too many good reviews to be underrated. If the public already thinks it's good, than there's a doubt that it will ever become critically underrated.

10. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Most underrated............Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I'll go with "Good Will Hunting." One of my favorites.

Hoosier.