Most Unbreakable Sports Record

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Stoner, Apr 25, 2007.

?

Most Unbreakable Sports Record

1. Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hit streak

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Michael Schumacher's 7 championships

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ty Cobb's .366 career batting average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Nolan Ryan's 7 no-hitters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wayne Gretzky's 215-point season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point night

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. John Wooden's 88 straight wins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Cy Young's 511 wins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Jerry Rice's 22,895 receiving yards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Cal Ripken's 2,632 consecutive games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stoner

Stoner Guest

I post this on every board I'm on and am always curious as to the responses.

The question is this...which of these 10 sports records is least likely to ever be broken. In all honesty, none of them will likely be broken but which is the most unbreakable?

I'll add my comments later on.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Very nice thread my friend. I would have to go with Cy Young, because pitchers are different these days then they were when Cy Young ptiched, we have relievers now, and you have five pitchers in your rotation, so you don't pitch every three days like Cy Young did.

Here's a few that I believe you should of mentioned:

-Rocky Marciano with 49 straight wins in boxing, almost got defeated a few weeks back, but didn't, I dont believe that record will ever be beaten

-Glenn Hall playing 502 consecutive games by a goalie, that will never be broken

- 8 Consecutive NBA championships won by the Boston Celtics

- 11 Consecutive victories on the PGA Tour by Byron Nelson in 1945

3. Stoner

Stoner Guest

Cy Young is also who I picked. Winning 20 games in a single year is considered awesome. To beat that record you would have to keep that pace for 25 years. Will never happen again.

You could make an argument for any of them to be honest with you.

4. ChinUp

ChinUp ¤ Breathe

Javier Sotomayor :[​IMG]: both the indoor and outdoor world record holder high jumps of 2.43m (8 feet) and 2.45m (8 feet ½ inch), respectively. 4 March 1989, July 27, 1993

that will take some breaking .. :w00t:

5. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Im a die hard hockey fan so its no doubt that I picked Gretzky's record for sure. I mean with the game being as fast paced as it is today people would question why I chose it but come on 215 points in an 82 game year? No matter how good you are you won't be able to break that unless your one hell of a good player.

6. TBT

TBT Guest

Cy Young is also who I would have picked. Except I would instead choose his 749 Complete Games, which is even harder to beat than his win record. Just for comparison, Roger Clemens has STARTED 690 games.
    Another record that deserves a mention is Old Hoss Radbourn's 59 wins in a season.

7. andrew_bishop

There are a lot of unbreakable records seemingly but I would have to say that in hockey I doubt Gretzky's record of 50 goals in 39 games won't be broken. That was simply amazing and I doubt anybody can really bring the magic needed to do that.

8. The Abyss

The Abyss Guest

I'd go with the 215 points. Damn hard, IMO.

9. andrew_bishop

Damn hard but man if I was in the NHL I could so do that :D Joke lol.

A lot of good choices up there for sure but I'd have to say that Darryl Sittlers 10 point game will also be damn hard to beat. I mean 10 points in one game? That's more then some people get in a season.

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I am not going to vote in that poll.

Shane Warne's 700 Test wickets is what I call unbreakable.