• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most trusted news source?

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Is there any channel or news outlet you trust above all others with what they report and trust them to be as unbiased as possible? This should be very interesting

willge87

Registered Member
Not really. As a right-leaning person I don't trust the Toronto Star, CBC, etc, but nor would I rely on my news solely on FOX or the National Post. Every newspaper has it's biases I think and with the internet nowadays you can pretty well find something to support an opinion.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
willge87 said:
Not really. As a right-leaning person I don't trust the Toronto Star, CBC, etc, but nor would I rely on my news solely on FOX or the National Post. Every newspaper has it's biases I think and with the internet nowadays you can pretty well find something to support an opinion.
Accurate way to look at it, I don't even watch the news as much, either too depressing or too biased

Sabby

My own two eyes lol. News agencies always have their own agenda. If there's an issue that they report and I feel strongly/interested about it, I always try to dig deeper to get the full picture. You can't always believe something when it's first reported, in the long run I find putting in my own legwork/research can yield a better understanding of what's going on in the world,

blpratt1982

I can't think of any. I really don't trust much of what any media outlet throws out there. These 24 hour cable news channels are just the worst. Especially Fox News and MSNBC. They are extremely biased and always present stories in a way to push their own bias on the public.

willge87

Registered Member
What frustrates me is people who will lament the bias of a FOX news while posting an article from the Huffington Post to support one of their viewpoints or someone from the right doing the opposite.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
willge87 said:
What frustrates me is people who will lament the bias of a FOX news while posting an article from the Huffington Post to support one of their viewpoints or someone from the right doing the opposite.
Yeah that's pretty much the definition of hypocritical