• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most "talented" Beatle?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not asking who your favorite Beatle is/was, but I'm not asking who the best singer was. I'm asking who you believe was the most "talented" in the group, in other words who had it all, song writing skills, playing instrutments, singing, charisma in front in a concert, ect.

Thoughts?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think I'd have to go with John Lennon on this one. It pains me to think about how much more awesome music that guy could have written had his life not be taken away prematurely.

John and Paul were the two most popular ones but I also think they were the most talented.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
That's a really tough question, because my favorite Beatles songs are the ones that George wrote, but he didn't write very many of them. And by favorite I mean that they were the best ones in my opinion. As far as which of them had the whole package, I guess I'd have to go with Paul, since he was more prolific, having gone on more successfully than the others after they broke up. Even though most of his songs were shite.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to go with George Harrison with John coming in a close second. I know a lot of people will disagree with me and say how can you rank Paul third. Like Jeanie said it's very hard to rank the top three, but I just believe Harrison had the total package. He could write, play the instrutments at a high level, and he was a very good singer in my book.

That's no disrespect to the other members of The Beatles, even Ringo had a lot of talent in his own right; I just believe George was the best of them all.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I have to agree with Babe and say George for this. He really was a marvelous writer and a fantastic player, and its a bleeding shame the group was dominated by John and Paul. I have to say his songs were some of their best and exhibited their capabilities best. Plus he brought Clapton into one of their songs. You might have heard of it, its called "My Guitar Gently Weeps." ;D

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Talent-wise, I would say John. He was such a natural at everything, seemingly. He could, sing, play and write efficiently. I am not Beatles expert, but John was the most talented in my eyes.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Even though my favorite Beatle is Paul McCartney (always has been, always will be), I'd have to say that John Lennon surpassed all of them in the talent department. Seriously, he was so good, he was in a league of his own.