Most Surprising start?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We have a thread about who are you most surprise of the 0-2 start, now I decided to make a thread about who are you most surprise of the 2-0 start and why?

For me it's the Detroit Lions. They've look really impressive, especially with Kitna has the starter, I am not saying that he's not a good quarterback, I just didn't think that he would lead the Lions to a 2-0 start. The combination of Williams and Johnson have look pretty good so far, and when they get Jones back in the backfield they should be even better.

Thought?

2. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

I'm going to say the Texans, althought several teams could earn this spot. Who would have guessed that they would start 2-0 against teams that aren't exactly slouchy, even though the Chiefs could pass as that right now. Did anybody think Matt Schaub would lead this team to victory?

On the contrary, I do not think the Lions are that surprising. We all knew they would put up points coming into the season. They have played 2 teams that are certainley beatable which is why I expected them to start off like this. It should be interesting to see how they hold up against teams later in the year.

Honorable mention: Redskins, Packers.

3. The Browns beat the Bengals and only lost to the Steelers by 27.

That is a surprising enough start for me (Browns fan).

Coming to reality, it has to be Houston.

4. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

I'd say I'm surprised about the Texans, but i'm really not...Everyone had to know that Mario Williams was the real deal, nobody wanted to give them credit b.c. he was taken ahead of Bush, but he's seriously a beast.
    I've ALWAYS been a huge fan of Matt Schaub's, some guys have it and some guys don't, SCHAUB HAS IT. Even when he was backing up Vick in Atlanta I always thought he was the best qb on that team...Enter Andre Johnson, Arguably a top 3 wide out in this league, but does not get near the credit he deserves b.c. of the team he plays for, but that's going to change this year. I think the Texans are poised for a playoff run, they're a great up and coming young team.

Who really surprizes me are the Green Bay Packers...I had written them offlast season. Not only is Brett Favre getting it done like this is 2002, but the defense looks surprisingly rock solid...the Packers have to be a favorite to make the playoffs and who's not going to be rooting for the timeless Brett Favre to get one last ring and go out like he's been dreaming of?

5. Babe_Ruth

See I don't understand how you can be surprise of the Texans, they just needed a quarterback to throw the ball to Johnson and the other receivers to score touchdowns. Carr couldn't do it so that's why they haven't had success in the past. Now they have a QB that can throw the ball to those key receivers, so they get more touchdowns.

I am not surprise of the Packers start, just because Favre is old doesn't mean he's not good anymore, he's been a great quarterback for years now, and he's just proving that he can still do it. Hopefully they can keep it up.

6. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

Carr COULD do it...the offensive line couldn't keep Carr upright...in 5 seasons David Carr was sacked more than ANY quarterback in the entire league in that 5 year span. I think it was around 279 sacks in 5 seasons...THAT'S HORRID...and that is certainly a big reason why Schaub is succeeding. I think that with better protection David Carr could be a starter in this league and I believe Carolina's front office agrees with me.

It is all just coming together for the Texans this year, you can't just say it's b.c. of Schaub, b.c. it's not...THE DEFENSE is getting the opposition's offense off the field and the entire offense is playing 100% better as a whole. But we must give credit where credit is due, Schaub is playing like a man in there and I hope that the entire team can keep it up.

7. Babe_Ruth

See I disagree with you, I don't think Carr can do it, I know the offensive line suckes while he was there, but Carr just couldn't complete the passes. Andre Johnson has been in the league for around four years now, so he had a weapon he just couldn't find him.

I agree the defense has been great, like you mentioned before Williams was eventually going to dominate and he's showing signs of it right now. But I would have to say the main reason of the 2-0 start for the Texans is Schaub.

8. gibbythemute

gibbythemute Guest

Texans, Titans, Browns. Packers have all had fairly suprising starts to me. Another suprising start is Philly at 0-2?

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Probably the Redskins being 2-0. Seriously they have been horrible for the past few seasons. And Clinton was never the same since leaving Denver.

10. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

but he did find him...Carr was the qb throwing to him when he had a 100+ reception season and a pro bowl apprearance two years ago...

Carr was too busy on his back to showcase what he truly has. He has a great arm and the passes he throws are very accurate. I watched alot of Carr and he's come a LONG way with his footwork as well.