• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Most romantic film?

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
When I was growing up I rarely watched romance films, I thought they were mushy, predictable and not the kind of films I would be interested in. My life and interest in film has taken a massive leap forward over the last ten years and I have seen the error of my ways.

What film would you say is the most romantic you have ever seen? Why was it romantic for you and what was it about the film that you loved the most?

One of the best films for me "Love and other Drugs" mainly because it is a very honest portrayal of love and complex human emotions, it does not sugar coat the problems that exist in relationships or how things can change and go badly wrong in a moments notice, I could watch it and will do for the rest of my movie going career.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm not a fan of romantic movies, but if I had to choose one, I'd say Breakfast At Tiffany's is probably my all time favorite. I'm not just saying that because Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress, but the story and character development is amazing. And I think it has the best ending to a romantic movie ever.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't watch many of them myself. Out of the select few I have seen, The Notebook wins by a thousand miles.
It has a very nice/sad story and the ending is what made me love it. The film didn't end in a way a lot of these sort of films do. It was pretty beautiful actually.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I used to really dislike them, but now I don't mind too much. Still don't watch them much. Honestly, the only one I can remember off the top of my head is Crazy, Stupid Love. I'm pretty sure I've seen Sleepless in Seattle, but I don't really remember much about it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Crazy, Stupid Love
Valentine's Day
The Notebook

I’ve seen a lot of romantic movies over the years but those listed above are my favourites. I remember the day I saw Valentine’s Day, the ending took me by surprise and in most movies, I can predict it but this was a shock to me and any movie that shocks me, I love it straight away. Crazy, Stupid Love was a movie similar to Valentine’s Day with the same ending approach but obviously different plots. Don’t get me started on The Notebook, what a great movie, quite sad yes but the story was brilliant.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I don't see many romantic films. They seem contrived and manipulative to me. I think the love story should be built in to the plot, not the plot devised around a love story, if that makes sense.

A perfect example of this is Walk The Line because the love story between Johnny and June is part of Johnny Cash's life.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
For a guy I really enjoy a romantic flick if it has a good plot. A couple of personal favorites of mine are:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Time Traveler's Wife
What Dreams May Come

Obviously I like that these movies are a little outside of the normal love story, but also love the theme of people fighting against death or time or their own psyche to be with the person they love.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, I'm actually going to say this, but I loved Titanic. One of the best romantic movies of all-time. I just loved it. Jack would do anything for Rose, and she didn't see it at first, but she realized at the end that it wasn't all about money. She realized what true love was. So good.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is my favorite (twisted) love story.

I also liked Crazy Stupid Love and Friends With Benefits.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
One of my favorites is an old Christopher Reeves/Jane Seymour movie called Somewhere in Time. Great movie.