• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most recognizable gaming character?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
If you had to pick one gaming character as the most recognizable, who would it be and why?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Sonic would have been if SEGA would have continued to breathe air.

It's say it's Mario then Pac-Man. There's just so much more to Mario.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I wish they'd retire Mario though. They've been flogging that dead horse for far too long now.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I have no problem with the Pac-man love as he is pretty recognizable to a fair amount of people. My thinking though is that Mario is probably more recognizable world-wide.

Koshentz, I somewhat agree with your Mario assessment but he's a gaming god so it's never going to happen. I just wish they could somehow remake his classic games(Mario, Mario 2 and 3), and maybe add more levels of some sort.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
I have no problem with the Pac-man love as he is pretty recognizable to a fair amount of people. My thinking though is that Mario is probably more recognizable world-wide.

Koshentz, I somewhat agree with your Mario assessment but he's a gaming god so it's never going to happen. I just wish they could somehow remake his classic games(Mario, Mario 2 and 3), and maybe add more levels of some sort.
If they did remake any of the Mario's I'd love to play those versions, that'd be awesome