TV Most realistic sitcom?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's been a lot of good sitcoms since television was introduced to the public, which one do you consider the most realistic? Please give me some reasons why you believe it was realistic in your opinion?

2. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I think Roseanne had a lot of realistic aspects. The family struggled a lot and the kids didn't always have really nice stuff.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Roseanne is a real good selection, except the last few seasons when they won the lottery wasn't all that realistic. I am a huge Roseanne fan, but couldn't stand it when they went all Hollywood in the show.

I think All in the Family is another good one, they talked about real issues that a typical family would do.

They had to delay the show about 30 seconds(not sure how long) because of the stuff that was said by the actors from the show.

4. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

Roseanne is definitely a good pick, I just might have to go with that one. I was always real.

5. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

To me the most realistic sitcom was "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet". This is because the four lead actors (Ozzie Nelson, Harriet Nelson, David Nelson, and Ricky Nelson) were playing themselves. It doesn't get much more real than that! :cool:

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I would have to say Everybody Loves Raymond. I swear they modeled Marie Barone after my mom.

7. Classictvfan15

Classictvfan15 Registered Member

I think that Home Improvement is a pretty realistic sitcom. It dealt with real situations in relationships and stuff and things that can really happen in a marriage.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah I'd probably go with Home Improvement aswell. I haven't seen that in ages! Like Ctvf said above, it deals with lots of situations in a pretty realistic way.

9. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Home Improvement is a good choice as is Roseanne, I also think that 8 Simple Rules was pretty good at being realistic, they dealt with things like ditching school, shoplifting and the loss of a parent/partner.

When Ritter passed away it carried over in the show, showing what it is like to deal with a loss like that, the way family gathers round for support and how things change in the family on a day to day basis.

I am seriously thinking of writing up my own set of rules now, my daughter will 14 in a couple of months, and my original plan of hurt/slightly maim the first boyfriend and hope word gets round is not really the way to go.

wooly likes this.
  10. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

KING OF THE HILL strikes me as being pretty realistic in it's characterizations, stories and situations. In fact, I've never understood why the show is animated since it could just as well be a live action show. In that respect it reminds me a lot of WAIT 'TIL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME which was also a animated family sitcom that could just as well have been done live.

Jeanie likes this.