Most popular sport to watch....

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

What's the most popular sport to watch in your area?

For me it's pretty easy, since we only have one Major Sports team and that's the Ottawa Senators. So the most popular sport to watch in my area is definitely hockey.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

In Aus, the biggest sport to watch would be AFL, and when that isn't in season it is the cricket, two awesome sports.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Here in the south it's all about Football, NASCAR and the NBA. I honestly don't watch any of them.
    I am an extreme sports guy so I prefer to watch the X-Games or the Gravity games and even surfing competitions when they are on TV. Every now and then I catch a Hockey game but they are rarely shown here.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Baseball by a ridiculously large margin. Hockey is huge in St Louis but this a baseball town first and foremost.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think baseball is the most popular sport in Chicago. Football is a close second.

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Football and Hockey.

Pennsylvania is hardcore about the Steelers and the Penguins.

7. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Definitely FOOTball here.

Nothing else comes close. Britains most watched and loved sport by miles.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

FOOTball here too. The Ligue 1 gets a fair share of audience but the UEFA, Euro and World Cup is really a big hit. Even offices put large TV screens so that employees can watch the World Cup events without having to be absent from work. :lol: Major city halls do the same thing. They put large screens whenever there's an important game.

Next to this is Rugby and a not a close third could be Tennis (and this is mostly in Paris region, not nationwide major following and mostly due to the city hosting the French Open).

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, what Xeilo said.

Cricket and AFL are on normal TV, like free TV, and FOOTball is watchable here as well, that is if you have Foxtel, but I go to the games.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Texas is a football state. You'll find almost all athletes who are in track, weight lifting, wrestling, etc. were in football first. The football season is also a bigger deal than the basketball or baseball season. I don't even need to talk about soccer. Even though our school team went 1-9 this year, I heard tons of stuff about our team. I haven't heard anything from baseball or swimming. I've heard a little about wrestling, but only because my friend is in it.