Movies Most overrated actor

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who do you guys believe is the most overrated actor in movies today?

I personally have to go Ben Kingsley I never thought he was a good actor at all, I think he's pretty boring the be honest with you. But tons of people think he's a great actor, a lot of people loved the movie House of Sand and Fog, which I think he did a horrible job in, the only person that I enjoyed in that movie was Jennifer Connelly.

How about you guys?

2. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

The most overrated actor today? That's easy: Seth Rogan

3. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

He's not in that much 'today' but he's still around nonetheless, it's Robin Williams, he's a shite actor, he's the same on and off stage. I don't like him. He gets paid to be a weirdo, while all the other weirdos just get medication.

4. Harmony

Harmony Registered Member

Maybe not overrated since the critics hate him too, but I still have to wonder why Keanu Reeves gets such big parts. God, he's awful!

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

My vote on this would go to Sean Penn. I've never liked the guy.

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

That post = epic fail.

I'm tempted to spread rep around randomly just so I can neg you... :rolleyes:

First of all, he doesn't always act weird. He's been in movies where he doesn't act weird at all. Also, even when he is acting weird, it's rarely just random nonsense like some "comedians". It's not just a bunch of fart jokes and slapstick - he often has very witty insights.

And his voices are unparalleled.

However I will admit, he's done some pretty lame movies lately.

I'd say Ben Stiller is one of the most overrated. Unlike Robin Williams, his acting tends to consist of middle school humor, or corny characters who look like they're stuck in the 80's.

There are others that are like Stiller. Jack Black is a bit better of an actor, but also depends on fart jokes (etc).

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Ben Affleck. I think he's really boring and a bit of a slimeball. Lots of people seem to like him which I don't get.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Bliss I don't think Ben Affleck is considered a good actor by a lot of people, especially with all the crappy movies hes made in the last few years.

Also I have to agree with Wade, I don't think Robin Williams is overrated at all, the guy has tremoundous acting skills, he's funny, he can be serious, he's got talent when it comes to acting.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Jack Black and Ben Stiller.

Both of them suck and it's flat out astounding how they keep getting roles.