Most/least protected finishers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Rock first kicked out of the Angle Slam in 2001 and how ridiculous it is that it's still getting treated like a match-ender and this could be an interesting discussion. Who are the biggest offenders of killing their finisher? Who do the best job of keeping their finishers over? What finishers are at this point ridiculous as "finishers" and which ones are still well protected?

Chris Jericho is also pretty awful at this. I don't think he has won a single match with the Walls or the Lionsault since his return in 2007 and both still get treated as finishers. And the Codebreaker has been kicked out of plenty of times too.

The Undertaker is anothr guy who was invariably come up. The chokeslam hasnt won a match in years, though I think it can still count as credible because guys like Kane and Show use it as a finisher. The Last Ride usually gets the win too, atleast on bigger guys. And of course the Tombstone is still one of the most over moves around despite being kicked out of last year.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Back in the day, Brock Lesnars F5 was pretty well protected, it was a while until someone finally kicked out of it...

The Big Shows knock out punch, one punch and it's a guaranteed victory unless someone interferes or something....

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Hogan legdrop was ridiculously proctected back in the day. I remember the Macho Man elbow drop was as well but then Warrior kicked outta 5 straight at Wrestlemania 7...that ended that.

Cena's STF is protected pretty much as well. It seems like these days you'll see a lot of finishers kicked out of then back in the day.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Hogans Legdrop was the most annoying for me...I cringed everytime he would get the pin on someone for that ridiculous move haha.

Another move would probably be the Stone Cold Stunner, it was protected for quite some time, until you saw alot of the Rock vs Austin matches, where it became obvious that people were always going to kick out.

Oh man, I absolutely HATE Hogan's legdrop. I would be embarrassed to be pinned after recieveing that mediocre finisher.

What about Orton's RKO? Anybody kick out of that on numerous occasions?

wooly

I am the woolrus
It's pretty much impossible to protect finishers these days, especially for main event stars. That's because most "epic" matches these days are booked in a way that both superstars will kick out of eachother's finishers a lot, like HBK vs Undertaker at WM. TNA is guilty of this aswell. I'd say Big Show's finishing punch is probably the most well protected finisher in the WWE at the moment, but it's also one of the most retarded as it's basically an illegal move! :p

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another one that is really protected, but we don't see it very often but that's the boot from Randy Orton. Every time he gives the boot to the wrestlers their out for a long period of time.

I agree with you wooly the knock out punch by Big Show is really protected but it's so stupid.