Most hated player in NHL history

F

Forbidden

I always liked Marchment although some people hated him because he was a good hitter and fighter. Another person that everyone hated but I like is Kasparaitis. (I really only like him cause he played for us)

Turbo

Registered Member
I hate any player that takes a cheap shot, but I hate Mario Lemiux because he retired and then conveniently came out of retiremment after Wayne Gretzky retired and Mario was like "I wanted my four year old to see me play." No, he came out of retirement so he could knock out some of Wayne's records since he wasn't playing. I'm sorry, its cheap and he ain't Super Mario to me.

F

Forbidden

Alright, you also know that Mario had an irregular heartbeat that caused him to retire prematurely, right? If he was ok, he probably could have played like 7-8 more seasons in the NHL. Plus he wasn't really close to Gretzky's record's anyway

Turbo

Registered Member
If he had an irregular heart beat he should have stayed retired and not come out. I have no respect for him and never will.

L

loquitor

i've read this post with great interest being an old, broken down, and put out to pasture goaler. but these guys listed are nothing. Ken Linsmen? Dave Williams? Louie Fortunato? Reg Flemming? Billy Smith?

F

Forbidden

Claude Lemieux is widely known as the most hated player ever to play in the NHL.

K

kocurko

Kazmarov said:
Marty McSorely because:

a) He was a goon and

b) He did the slash on Brasher.

Eddie Shore was pretty notorious, a lot of the Flyers in the 70's were as well.
I enjoyed the slash to brashear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarko rutuu for sure.

Turbo

Registered Member
i'm starting to hate Cam Jansen of the Devils....he was headhunting in the preseason game against the Rangers last night. he wasn't even going after any one Ranger; if you were on the ice and a Ranger you were a target.

F

Forbidden

Orr kicked his ass though, right? I saw it on the recap, not sure what really happened there.