Most exciting trade deadline?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
For you guys whats the most exciting trade deadline? For me it's hockey, it's a huge thing here in Canada, we get tons of coverage for it. It's the most active of all trade deadlines in my opinion. Also there's always seem to have big time players moving to a different team.

BigBob

Registered Member
Baseball.

No matter what, you know a big name is going somewhere.

Football, not so much because you never know. The main reason people are traded during the season because they really need to fix one position or someone gets hurt.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Soccer.

Because a player is loyal to the club one moment, saying he'll never leave and bang, he is gone *clicks fingers* just like that.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Football is definitely the worst trade deadline

I'll say baseball too...always seems like something is happening and someone awesome is moving

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Baseball is up there, but it was kind of slow this season. But don't get me wrong there was some interesting deals.

I'm not surprised that no one else mentioned the Hockey Trading Deadline, the reason being it's not a huge deal in the States like it is here in Canada.

I'd say hockey... with football in second. The other sports I don't really care about, so impossible for them to be "exciting".

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'd say hockey... with football in second. The other sports I don't really care about, so impossible for them to be "exciting".
How can you say football is anything but LAST? Nobody even talks about their deadline and it happens 4 weeks into the season!!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Seems like the baseball trade deadline always has big names moving around. The NBA usually has some big trades. The NFL hardly ever has anything. Is it just me or is the only trading during the draft?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The problem with trades in football is the salary cap, trading a player will put dead money on a team's salary cap, so you don't see as many trades as there used to be. I would have to say baseball. There's usually a very good player going to a playoff contender that changes the dynamics of the remaining games. As an Astros fan, the Cards getting Holliday and the Phils getting Lee were big moves, makes it harder for us to chase the Cards.