• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most entertaining athlete?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In your opinion who do you believe is the most entertaining(active) athlete?

I know people will somewhat disagree with me, but I always thought Terrell Owens was very entertaining, but he toned it down somewhat. Same can be said about Clinton Portis. I thought it was pretty funny when he dressed up for his interviews. Shaq always made me laugh, he always had something to say, and always wanted to entertain people.

I'd have to think about who is my current favorite, but what about you guys?

BigBob

Registered Member
I've got to agree with Terrell Owens and I wouldn't want to have him any other way. I'll go with his (former) teammate Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson as well.

I don't think anyone can top Shaq though to be honest. Everything he did was hilarious. "Kobe, tell me how my ass taste".

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shaq is definitely one of a kind, his postgame interviews will be replayed for a very long time.

I have to agree with you Bob, I think that Ocho Cinco is probably the most entertaining athlete today. He just likes to have fun, and entertain the fans on and off the football field. He's kind of toned it down a notch in the last year or so I find, but he's still a guy that will do something to get attention on himself.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Currently I would say it has to be between Chad and T.O. Because of Shaq's recent retirement I guess I can't say him. But nobody caused more of a spectacle then they did during there careers. From changing names to outrageous TD celebrations no one has forced the spotlight on themselves quite like they have. One of my all-time favorites though would have to be Dennis Rodman he was something else.

viLky

ykLiv
Dennis Rodman. I actually Google'd the guy because I had to see more of his antics. His crazy hair, tatts, piercings and behavior made him unique. Even though I didn't care much for the Bulls, I still watched parts of the game because of him.

Currently?

..searching...

[NOT FOUND]

:eek:

Comet

Registered Member
I know you said active athletes but the ultimate in entertainment of all-time was Muhammad Ali. He is the standard all others are compared to in that department. Ali is the bar of entertainment in sports.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know you said active athletes but the ultimate in entertainment of all-time was Muhammad Ali. He is the standard all others are compared to in that department. Ali is the bar of entertainment in sports.
That's a given :lol:

No one in history of sports was more entertaining than Muhammad Ali. Babe Ruth was close, but Ali had the biggest mouth and he knew how to use it. I wish I was alive during his prime and witness when it happened and not from videos 30 years later.

Wade8813

Registered Member
For me growing up, it was Griffey. A phenomenal athlete, and he just had this great enthusiasm and joy. Not to mention spectacular fielding. It helped that he played for my favorite team ;)

Anyone can mouth off. But Griffey was someone you could look up to.

BigBob

Registered Member
For me growing up, it was Griffey. A phenomenal athlete, and he just had this great enthusiasm and joy. Not to mention spectacular fielding. It helped that he played for my favorite team ;)

Anyone can mouth off. But Griffey was someone you could look up to.
Add on top of that the fact that he was never linked to steroids during a time in which everyone was getting accused and that makes him that much better.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wouldn't say "most entertaining athlete" but sports figures that make me enjoy watching the games include Ronaldinho (football), Plushenko (figure skating), and Sebastian Chabal (rugby). They do more than play the game. They entertain.