Movies Most disappointed?

I'd like to add Max Payne. The games were so damn good and the storyline could've worked so good as a movie and then it comes and it's like... eh. It wasn't horrible, but it sure as hell wasn't what it could've been.

Registered Member
For me I would have to say the movie Dark Water was the worst. I love a good scary/horror film and this one just put me to sleep and was depressing. lol

Registered Member
To this day, 'Alone In The Dark' had me so excited, mystery, horror, an eerie haunted island, native american superstition, grisly experiements and fear, oh the fear. Then, Boll was attached - then I actually saw it - I died. So much wasted potential for unrelated, derivative and poorly made cliche drivel. :mad:
Other than that, more recently, 'King Kong'. A victim of excess in regards to (sometimes shoddy looking) effects and tried too hard to be epic. Plus, lots of silliness. :(

Film Elitist
I think I'm simply going to sum up and say every film in the past 10 years based off a video game. So far, everything has come up short or begged for viewing apocalypse. I don't think there has been a video game-based movie that I have enjoyed after the first viewing. No exceptions.

I am the woolrus
Speaking of video game films, "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" was a huge disappointment. Think i was about 11 at the time and got very excited about anything that had "Final Fantasy" written on it :p

Granted it was visually incredible, but the story was a pile of shite.

A Darker Knight
I wanted to laugh my ass off in Semi-Pro. I usually think Will Ferrell is hilarious, but there were just no moments where I couldn't stop laughing. There were hahaha moments, but no :rofl: moments .
^^ It's been a while since I've seen that, but I remember a bear part that had me rolling... but only for a minute or two and that was it. Doesn't hold weight compared to Step Brothers.

Registered Member
Wall-E. It received great reviews, but I literally spent the first hour waiting for something to happen. And even after that hour, it wasn't particularly special. I was tempted to just stop watching it, but I didn't have anything else to do, and I wanted to see if it ever redeemed itself.