• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most Deserving Retired Player without Hardware

Never hoisted the O'Brien trophy but shoulda

• T-Mac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 'Nique

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Patrick Ewing

• C Webb

• Elgin Baylor

• Alex English

• Karl Malone / John Stockton

• Reggie Miller

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Allen Iverson

• Charles Barkley

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zenheizer

needs practice
I complied this list from this article. I also had to selectively choose, so I put mostly players I actually watched when I was growing up in the 90s. So many people didn't win rings because of the Celtics, Lakers and obviously, Michael Jordan.

My vote is Charles Barkley, who can make a statement for arguably best power forward to play basketball.

20. Tracy McGrady — The 20 Greatest NBA Players to Never Win an NBA Championship | Complex

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
The Celtics and Lakers are the two legendary teams of the NBA. They hold a stunning amount of championships compared to all other teams in the entire NBA. The Celtics and Lakers have 17 and 16 championships respectively, next up would be Chicago Bulls at a mere 6 (not to say MJ wasn't the best ever)

There are so many people that I like that didn't receive a ring including Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley, and Chris Webber.

It's a complete toss up between Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley, everybody knows it. I'll vote Miller though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
A good list but I went with Charles Barkley on this one.

Stockton and Malone and Reggie Miller just barely behind him.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have to go with 'Nique. The guy was just incredible and but for the Celtics and Lakers he would have won a couple of rings and but for MJ he would have been the most prolific scorer in the 80's. He was a great player lost in the shadows of Magic, Bird and MJ. My second choice would be Karl Malone, the second greatest PF in history behind Tim Duncan.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I have to go with 'Nique. The guy was just incredible and but for the Celtics and Lakers he would have won a couple of rings and but for MJ he would have been the most prolific scorer in the 80's. He was a great player lost in the shadows of Magic, Bird and MJ. My second choice would be Karl Malone, the second greatest PF in history behind Tim Duncan.
Karl Malone over Charles Barkely?!

Barkley didn't have the best pure assisting point guard his whole career... and he still has better numbers than the Mailman.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Barkleys numbers were also based on him not having as many options on his team than Malone did. I'd still put Barkley way up there, one of the greatest to ever play the game. But if I had to choose just one of them on my team, I'd give a slight edge to Malone.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
T-Mac is on the poll? Really? Did any of his teams even win a playoff series? He was incredibly talented, but was never a great team player.

It's hard to pick one name here. Chris Webber was really deserving when he was with the great Kings teams that always seemed to get shafted by the refs against the Lakers.

Stockton and Malone were great together for so long, and they came close a couple of times, only to lose to Jordan's Bulls.