• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most dangerous animals in your area?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
We don't have many dangerous critters around here but we do have Black Widows. Luckily they like to hide and are very passive unless directly handled. We have the occasional bear but in my area, there's really not a lot of anything.

How about you? What is dangerous in your area? How so? Is it a real problem where you live?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We have a few, bears, cougars, bobcats and coyotes but they aren't really a problem, rarely ever see one. We also have copperhead snakes, brown recluse spiders which you will see more often. The other day a man was bitten by a copperhead and died. He had health issues and the snake bit him 3 times I was told.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No, there's absolutely nothing dangerous here in terms of wildlife. Maybe stuff like ticks or there might be poisonous spiders in overgrown areas, but other than that, not really. I have seen a handful of coyotes, which is rare in my neighborhood, but I don't consider them dangerous to anyone larger than a small child or pet. Usually when I see them they are already running away from me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I forgot about ticks and mosquitoes. We don't have many mosquitoes but tick are abundant. Both make a lot of people sick and even kill them. Mosquitoes kill more people by far than any other animal. I would have to classify them as dangerous.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
No, there's absolutely nothing dangerous here in terms of wildlife. Maybe stuff like ticks or there might be poisonous spiders in overgrown areas, but other than that, not really. I have seen a handful of coyotes, which is rare in my neighborhood, but I don't consider them dangerous to anyone larger than a small child or pet. Usually when I see them they are already running away from me.
Is that just in your city/general area? I'm pretty sure your state has its share of rattlesnakes and recluses. We're lucky, we don't really get them this far north but we do see the occasional widow.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Is that just in your city/general area? I'm pretty sure your state has its share of rattlesnakes and recluses. We're lucky, we don't really get them this far north but we do see the occasional widow.
Yeah,I was talking about just here in the Chicago area. Illinois is kind of like two states. There's Chicago, and then there's everything else. I'm sure there are rattlesnakes and other things in rural Illinois. Not sure if there are any bears down on the southern end of the state. There could be.

Scu11

Registered Member
the most dangoures animal in my area would be the brown snake,crocodile or the common pythons(there a snake.)

vaibhav25

Registered Member
there are n such dangerous animal in my area may sometimes the dogs become dangerous when they start barking