Most competitive all star game?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Which all star game do you think is more competitive? I personally think it's baseball, one of the main reasons is because there's something on the line if you win the game or not. I'm not saying the other sports all star games isn't competitive, but it's definitely more laid back then the Baseball one. Thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Baseball is easily the most competitive and the only one I really enjoy watching. I think that says a lot since baseball isn't even one of my favorite sports. I don't think it's even because there's something on the line (HFA in World Series). It's always been a competitive game and there's a lot of history.

Watching baseball leaves me numb. And all I ever hear on First Take is how useless its All-Star game is. That being said, I can't really say anything about it because I wouldn't be caught dead watching it. The Nascar All-Star race would rank as number one for me. No other sport can compare to that. They tone it down a little, but not nearly as much as the other sports.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry Kons but I have to agree with Echoes, Baseball is definitely the most competitive, even more then Nascar(didn't expect anyone to mention that) Players are playing their hearts out when they step onto the diamond. Unlike other All Star games there's something on the line. In Basketball they play no defense, in hockey they don't hit which is a big part of the game and in the Pro Bowl it just doesn't seem to have the same feeling of watching a real NFL game.

Nascar puts money on the line and I cannot think of anything that trumps that when it comes to winning. So, they too have something to play/race for. They are also racing cars at 180 miles an hour, slamming into eachother and the wall, inches from each other. They risk their lives to win. To me, baseball doesn't even come close.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Nascar All-Star race would rank as number one for me. No other sport can compare to that. They tone it down a little, but not nearly as much as the other sports.
I've never even heard of the Nascar All-Star race. What's the point? How is it different than any other race? Don't all the top drivers already compete together in every race?

the Pro Bowl it just doesn't seem to have the same feeling of watching a real NFL game.
Agreed. I think it would be a lot better if they played it in the middle of the regular season and moved it around instead of playing it in Hawaii every year. Seems like the players play hard, but the atmosphere sucks and it's too anticlimactic after the Super Bowl.

I've never even heard of the Nascar All-Star race. What's the point? How is it different than any other race? Don't all the top drivers already compete together in every race?
NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, you have to win a race to qualify and there are different segments to it. They change the rules up frequently. They invert the field a certain amount (at least they use to), putting the front runners to the back. They make over a million dollars if they win it. I just don't see how swinging a bat compares to driving a 3,000 pound race car. And it isn't like they coast around at 50, they are going over 170-180 th whole time (unless there is a caustion or a pit stop).

BigBob

Registered Member
Obviously just because I'm a huge football fan, I'm going to say the NFL Pro-Bowl. You have the biggest, best lineman in.. the best, fastest corners.. Ridiculous offenses..

If they do plan on doing what their talking about, moving it the week or so before the Super Bowl.. that alone might change my outlook on it.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The most competitive game is the MLB All-Star game...I hate that it counts but I guess Bud Selig is getting what he wants by changing the rule that the winning league has home field advantage in the playoffs.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm gonna throw the MLS All-Star Game out there as one of the best. For the past five or six years it's been the MLS All-Stars against one of the teams from the English Premier League. I actually went to the one against Chelsea a few years ago in Chicago. There's a lot of pride at stake for the MLS, wanting to show that they can compete with the English teams.