Most Annoying Noise

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
What is the most annoying noise to you? The one that makes you cringe every time you hear it.

For me, it's the sound of paper being continuously shredded. I just had to shred maybe 100 sheets, and was cringing away from the thing the entire time. Another that gets me is people filing their nails, even the feel of a nail file gives me goosebumps.

I actually don't mind the usual such as nails down a blackboard.

Last edited:

Clear_Note

Demon King/Sith Warrior
The exact sound of nails down a blackboard is pretty bad IMO, but it's more imagining the feeling of running your nails down the board. I tried doing it a few times and it was pretty freaking uncomfortable.

High pitched noises annoy me too.

Bliss

Sally Twit
A baby crying. I was on the bus the other day and this baby was crying for the entire journey. The mother was just sat there ignoring the crying. I didn't even know it was hers until she got off the bus. She wasn't even sat looking at the baby. She was on the seat to the side of him/her.

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
Nails on a chalkboard isn't annoying, it's more cringe-worthy. I get goosebumps and all that.

Annoying? Kids talking at the top of their lungs. Basically screaming. And only kids that are old enough to be told better. A baby crying doesn't annoy me as much because I know the baby can't help it. But when a five year old is just talking SUPER loud, and the parents don't do anything to stop it? Ugh! Just today, I was sitting in the outside area of a cafe, and this kid was doing exactly that. She was maybe seven years old. I gave the parents enough dirty looks until they tried to quiet her down. Just annoying!

People chewing. They don't even have to be chewing loudly or with their mouth open, I do realise it's my problem not theirs haha.

Also my alarm clock's noise is really annoying.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Alarm clocks are definitely up there.

A little kid screeching is probably the worst. They always have an insane amount of lung power.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I hate the sound of my alarm clock too.

It makes a "Cock-a-doodle-doo" sound so every time I hear it elsewhere I subconsciencely freak out, it's a horrible sensation.

I also dislike the sound of ballons being rubbed together and handled and the sound of chalk sliding down a rusty black board, we've all heard that.