Most annoying enemy?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nevyrmoore, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

What do you think is the most annoying enemy in a videogame?

My choice has to be the Reapers from Resident Evil 5. Like the chainsaw wielding foes, they have an instant kill attack. Unlike the chainsaw wielding foes, the game loves to spam you with them! Plus, it's difficult to incapacitate them. The chainsaw guys, you just shoot them in the leg, run up, do one of those context-button melee attacks. These guys, you try something similar, and they will often get back up and perform that insta-kill move they love so very, very much.

If there were less of them, I'd be happy. But when you first meet them, you get to fight one on it's own. This isn't so bad, you get to experiment with the best way to take them down (if you don't mind fucking your no continues score up). Immediately after, here you are, have three of the fuckers!

Fuck that shit, I run like fuck! And then they do again towards the end of the game, when you're trying to escape from an exploding boat. Only this time, it's a fucking horde! Assholes!

...so, yeah, what's your worst enemy?

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I think for me the most annoying enemies are:

3. Nevyrmoore

Damn, Goddamned Bats make the Hell Level in Cave Story impossible for me.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Reapers are a damn fine choice. I didn't even realize that you could disable their one-hit kill until maybe my third playthrough. Essentially, you have to blow off a limb so shotguns are the best against them. I'll agree with bats as well.

I'm going to nominate Rakks from Borderlands. They tend to come out of nowhere and they're fucking annoying as shit. So essentially, bats again :D

5. Nevyrmoore

Nice to know. Shame I didn't find out during my Veteran playthrough (i.e. MY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH, DAMNIT!). May have made things a bit easier if I could have pulled it off.

6. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Slicers from Bioshock are so inconvenient, specially when running low on ammo.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah they regenerate limbs but if you blast off a limb or two (the ones they use to grab you) they lose the ability to gank you in one hit.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Its got to be the Harpies from God of War. I friggin hate those things! They are probably some of the easiest critters to kill on the game, but holy hell they are just flat out annoying.

9. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Any boss that's left up to chance. Such as the first part of the boss fight with Phantom Ganondorf at the Forest Temple. You don't know what painting he's coming out of, so you have to keep spinning around and seeing which one is just a little bit ahead of the other ones. It's frustrating.

10. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

In half life 2, those spider things that suck your brain off. More specifically, the guys that spawn the spider things. Annoy the piss outta me.

Oh and the flood from halo.