• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Most addictive game

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's the most addictive you've played?

This doesn't mean your favourite game. Just something you could not stop playing.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Hotline Miami or Spelunky. Those games are both brutally hard and insanely addicting. That's my favorite combination in video games. If you love a challenge and you love to rage... I recommend both of those. Haha.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Helicopter.

When I'm in it, I stay in it, but it's SOOOOOO hard to get in it like that.

Then there's a bunch of games I have to think about......

Yeah, if you have to think about it, there's no point. Anything that requires me to sustain thumb-damage to stop (which is usually N64 games). Or other stuff that pulls on the hand webbing. NHLPA 93 when I haven't in awhile.

Helicopter though.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
It has to be a tie between Saints Row 2 and Fallout 4. I'd give the edge to Fallout 4 just because there's so many little side missions and just a wealth of content to explore. I'm pretty sure I sunk a good 300 hundred or so hours into it. (I should actually look up my stats when I get home.)

Saints Row 2 pretty much for the same reason. The Stillwater map was revamped with new locations and tons and tons of side quests and activities. Plus, the game itself was hilariously written.

thealigator

Registered Member
Do mobile games count? If so The Simpsons Tapped out is my most addictive game. I am basically on it any time my iPad is near me. If it does not however I guess mine would be Just Cause 3 recently. With that being said I bought a Wii this weekend and have become obsessed with Super Mario Wii.

Twitch

Registered Member
A lot of strategy games on the iPhone. Things like 1010! And 2048. For console: Minecraft, Fallout 4 and Master Chief Collection. I feel like Minecraft has infinite replayability, FO4 allows you to try out different kinds of characters, and MCC is great for co op missions. Battlefront can be pretty addicting as well.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Probably Civilization and Minecraft. Like Twitch said, Minecraft is infinitely replayable. There's no limit to what you can build.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Probably Civilization and Minecraft. Like Twitch said, Minecraft is infinitely replayable. There's no limit to what you can build.
Civilization is so addictive. If I ever fire Civ V up on my laptop and start a game, I know it will lead to weeks of civilizations rising and falling haha. Classic.

I'll also add MLB: The Show. For me the Road to the Show game mode (where you make a player and try to get drafted and eventually called up to the majors) can keep me playing nonstop.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Civ III was the first Civ game I played. The first day I got it, I stayed up playing until after 5am because I had completely lost track of time. I thought it was maybe 1am until I noticed it was starting to get light outside. Haha. You just always want to play one more turn before taking a break.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Civ III was the first Civ game I played. The first day I got it, I stayed up playing until after 5am because I had completely lost track of time. I thought it was maybe 1am until I noticed it was starting to get light outside. Haha. You just always want to play one more turn before taking a break.
Haha there's a definitely a reason that when you finish it give the option of "Just...one...more...turn" - such an addictive game. Now I'll probably be playing tonight or tomorrow haha.

I actually first got into it through a good friend of mine and bought Civ IV. It always looked like a good game but I had never gotten a chance to get into it. He passed away a few years ago, unfortunately (fuck cancer). But this game is tied to some excellent memories for me - we used to play online a lot and have a ton of fun. We'd most often build up our Civilizations and help each other out and then team up until we were the only two Civs left.

The variety of ways to win and approach the game really makes it fun, and makes you constantly come back for more.