• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mortgage with new job

bell

Greetings,
If I get a new job will that affect my chances of getting a mortgage since It will show I've been employed at my new job for only a couple months?
Thanks!!!

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
if you have already been working, then it shouldn't make any difference. They look at how long you have been employed. Some Mortgage companies I think look to see that you have been employed for 3 years I think. Then they will look to see how stable your job is. During the process of the app. they usually get a hold of your employer and ask them questions like, what are the chances that you will be employed there for a long period of time. When it comes to a mortgage though the best thing to do is make sure you are in a really good position credit wise and job wise before you get into it. this way you have the best chance of getting a good interest rate.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, if you've had another job for the last 3 years then it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you have a bad job record, and have had several jobs off and on over the past 3 years then that could be a bad thing.

Sounds like you are just making a switch to a different one though. If that's the case I don't imagine you'd have a hard time getting a mortgage.

katharina

Registered Member
Greetings,
If I get a new job will that affect my chances of getting a mortgage since It will show I've been employed at my new job for only a couple months?
Thanks!!!
Like someone else said, if your track record is good with jobs, it shouldn't
affect a mortgage. Although I don't know much about it, I *have* heard
that some people do the pre-qualifying route for a mortgage. I think I've
only heard they do that to see how high they can go on price, but if a
new job is to come around the same time, it probably wouldn't hurt to
be pre-qualified. I hope someone corrects me on that if I'm wrong. :)