• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Mortal Kombat

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Watched this yesterday.

The Paul Anderson one. It was great. The martial arts are about as cathartic as a bring-and-buy sale. The dialogue cheesier than cheesy cheese-flavoured chips with added cheese, and Goro looks like a complete idiot.
Nonetheless, I loved it. I'd even give it an 8.0

How can such a film exist and actually be something I would watch again. Is it the mindlessness of it, where I can just bung it on and know I only have to pay half an eye?

Any other martial arts gems like this anywhere?
Any other bollocks just as stupidly, endearingly funny...

Last edited:

Iris

rainbow 11!
Are you talking about the one that came out a long time ago?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah in the 90s Kay, I think. I loved that and saw it in the theater when I was pretty young. It is very cheesy and not a good movie overall but it's a ton of fun if you're an MK fan. I'm the biggest MK fan in the world haha, so it's always a movie I'm happy to watch

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I think he's referring to the one that came out in 1995, so the very first one. I liked it when I was a kid, but that movie is crap, in my opinion. It's on the same level as the Street Fighter movie.

I dunno, maybe it's just me... videogames just don't transition well into movies.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Oh! I wasn't sure if a new one came out and I didn't realize it. Yeah, I liked it as a kid but I was young, I don't know if I'd still like it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Actually there were new YouTube short films made that seemed to be really good, but I never watched more than a few. Anyone remember what they were called? This would be like a year or two ago at the most.