Morocco?

SithZombree

Registered Member
My girlfriend wants to go with her to Morocco to visit her folks. I've been to a couple of Arab countries (not by choice) and I am quite sceptical about going. Has anyone been there? Or heard anything about it?

Caveat: I COULD ask my girlfriend but her opinion doesnt matter :D

MisterT

Registered Member
I went there in January to Marakech.

As a tourist their I found no problems there, Obviously it is a muslim country and have to abide by certain rules, but at the same time it is very relaxed.

In going there I would only recommend 5 days max, after this it can get very boring as activities are non existent. The night life is really great at the bazaar, a complete difference to the day.

Etherea

Registered Member
Morocco, I love the country and the people. I have been 4 times and would recommend it to anyone. I have travelled to a lot of countries so different cultures, foods, ways of behaving etc don't bother me. I have one golden rule wherever I go - don't have any preconceptions and take things as they are. Your attitude has a lot to do with how you will be received!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
So have you visited? I think the experience between someone visiting it as a tourist and someone visiting family who live there would be different. I suppose her folks and other relatives live there.

Anyways, I have a lot of friends whose passion is traveling. They've been all over the world or seek to be all over the world. Morocco always comes up as a desired destination to visit.

Puck

Registered Member
I've heard Morocco is absolutely gorgeous.
Great good, great people. I see no problem, especially if you're going to be meeting people there, it's not like you're going to a foreign country alone or anything. It sounds like fun!

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've heard it is an amazing place and beautiful but there are certain areas you should avoid.
One of my friends told me that a lot of the men there would grab her, though. Nobody would do anything about it.