Mormons change Stance on Gay Marriage

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
SALT LAKE CITY – The Mormon church for the first time has announced its support of gay rights legislation, an endorsement that helped gain unanimous approval for Salt Lake city laws banning discrimination against gays in housing and employment.

The Utah-based church's support ahead of Tuesday night's vote came despite its steadfast opposition to gay marriage, reflected in the high-profile role it played last year in California's Proposition 8 ballot measure that barred such unions.

Salt Lake OKs gay rights laws with Mormon backing - Yahoo! News
I thought this was interesting, especially considering most religious groups dont seem to want to budge on their stances. I suppose its a big thing for the Latter Day Saints to openly change their stance like this.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Good on the Mormons. Although, their backing anti-discrimination laws doesn't necessarily mean they've changed their stance on gay marriage.

Shikimi_Farkash

Registered Member
true. i thnk we're still a long way from allowing gay marriage anywhere, but that it will eventually be allowed. i think it should be allowed, but hey that's just me.